African American Class of 2015

<p>Oh my god that’s so soon @Blazer56‌ I hope you have a great last first day!</p>

<p>That is so soon! I’m with @Jellybae , I Start on the 25th. I actually just enrolled in my new school earlier today</p>

<p>Oo wow @emenya‌ where did you move from?</p>

<p>I moved from Richmond, which is like a suburb of Houston, to Katy, Texas @Jellybae</p>

<p>I know lol it’s bitter sweet and thank you! But hope you enjoy your new school @emenya</p>

<p>@emenya Good Luck at your new school!
@Jellybae good luck with scheduling all your AP classes my school is terrible at scheduling/reducing conflicts it seems like every year a bunch of kids have to choose between an AP or filling some sort of graduation requirement (last year it was taking a 3rd year of french, having an english class or taking AP stats and guess which too won out…)
I start Sept 4th (all public schools up here stat the Thursday after labor day) but preseason for sports starts the 25</p>

<p>@emenya I actually live in Sugar Land and attend Clements High School </p>

<p>If you guys think you’ve schools are big get a load of this. My school has 4,000 kids!! About 900 in my class.
Im an art student planning to apply to
Parsons
School of Visual Arts
Massachusetts College of Art and Design
Lesley University
University Of Hartford
Alfred University</p>

<p>Thanks eveyone for all the luck. I really did not want to move, but oh well im already there. @Clarg17‌ I know you mean about those graduation requirments. If I dont pass the speech CBE in December, then they will drop me from either European or Art history and make me take Speech second semester. And speech and health as senior (at least at my old school) is a social NOOOOO. My classmates who took it last year stressed how horrible it was. @Nole2015 Really? See I know of that school. I knew some people who were in YIP from clements. My previous school was George Ranch, now I go to Katy High school. And I thought Katy was big but @CoutneyMilan , 4000 is too much </p>

<p>@CourtneyMilan‌ 4000??? My school has 2500 and I feel suffocated. Hopefully your school is very spacious. My school is meant to house 1500 kids but instead we have 2500… </p>

<p>I have a dilemma. I need to take an art in order to graduate but I have no space in my schedule for it and even if I did I wouldn’t want to take it… I’m looking online but it all looks so expensive. They don’t offer art during the fall semester of my local cc but I’m not sure if they’ll offer it in Spring so I can’t fall back on that either. Sigh. </p>

<p>Anyway, what do you guys want to major in? I’m looking at Astronomy and Physics while fulfilling premed reqs (I also really want to take an astronomy class at my school but there’s no space in my schedule ugh!)</p>

<p>Nice!:D, BME with a concentration in premed here and 4,000 is waaay too many,584 in my class 2500 in school</p>

<p>I want to major in bioengineering and then maybe go to graduate school for genetics. DNA for the win!!!</p>

<p>Sorry @Jellybae I thought you did E2 but it was @TheCupcakeSpy. It’s a summer program at MIT.</p>

<p>@emenya At my school they require you take preAP Comp Sci before AP because AP starts off assuming you already know what classes are in Java. I recommend you get at least a little background in Java before you start the class even if it’s not required. You can use this site to practice if you don’t have background in coding. <a href=“CodingBat Java”>http://codingbat.com/java&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Also the MIT app opened up yesterday! But just more essays to write. -__-</p>

<p>@CourtneyMilan :open_mouth: My class size is about 130 kids… its really small. @Jellybae still planning on being Prelaw and leaning strongly toward Neuroscience/Psychology, im just not sure whether I like the scientific or humanities based side but I definitely want to study the brain!
Went on the last of my college visits before I start officially applying. What schools has everyone seen?</p>

<p>@Mathmaticious ok thank you. I’ll be sure to do that. @Clarg17 I’ve been to Texas A&M, UT Austin, and University of Houston. Needless to say UT’s campus took the cake</p>

<p>@Clarg17‌ I’ve visited MIT, Caltech, Illinois State, Texas A&M, and UT Austin. I liked MIT best and UT best out of my safeties.</p>

<p>I’ve been to UT as well! UT is the perfect safety for me. I actually would love to go there</p>

<p>What are some pros and cons to UT? I’ve heard a lot about it but never taken to Time to look into it</p>

<p>@Blazer56‌ the only cons I’ve found for UT for me are: 1. It’s in Texas 2. Only 5% black</p>

<p>The honors programs provide everything I could even possibly want in a prestigious institution. I stayed there for a weekend this summer in the jester dorms and jester is known for being low-quality and yet I found the room quite nice. It makes me wonder what the nice dorms are like. Also, the campus is gorgeous.</p>

<p>@Jellybae , would this happen to have been the Honors Colloquium??? (Gives knowing look) This is the campus visit I was talking about lol</p>

<p>@Blazer56 I agree the con is its in Texas. I really want to go out of state and have the freedom to explore. Pros: (Depending on how you look at it), their BME Program is VERY competitive and engineering in general is tops in the nation. Over the summer someone was telling me how they only accept maybe 100 students into BME…and Texas is a big campus</p>