African-American High School Class of 2018

@aspiringgirl You don’t even know how badly I needed to hear that! My school got a new AA vice principal last year & I’m one of only 5 AA kids on our school’s leadership class, so she reached out to me about restarting a BSU. (We had one a few years ago during my freshman year but after the president graduated it just stopped) I originally wasn’t going to do it, since I’ll be a senior and it’ll most likely not be a very good turn out, but after reading your post I’m gonna just give a shot and hope someone keeps it going after I leave. Thank you thank you thank you!!

Has anyone started writing their essays? I feel like I don’t have anything good to write about. :((

Common App opened today! Hoping you are having luck working on your essays.

And the battle for higher education begins (continues)!

Anyone waiting to hear back from fly ins?

I’m waiting on like 10 more

I’m waiting for Emory Core. Decisions come out this friday.

I limited myself to attending five or less. I’m about to submit an app for Wesleyan and I’m anxiously waiting to hear back from Pomona.

@jeffrandell Which ones are you applying to?

@Inxight Pomona, UChicago, UPenn, Harvey Mudd, WPI, RPI, Columbia, Emory, Brandeis, Johns Hopkins, Tufts, Caltech. I finished applying to all thankfully

wow I applied to two lol

S18 applied to the Connecticut College a fly in, a nice liberal arts college and it’s a Posse School so it’s committed to diversity. Take a look if you are still considering adding other schools to your list. Strong in arts and sciences. PM with specific questions. The other schools with fly ins I would suggest are Trinity College (also Posse school), Holy Cross and Providence College. Wesleyan has already been mentioned. We are in CT and only looking at schools in this region.

I was accepted to Bryn Mawr. If I get accepted to Emory on Friday, I will not apply to anymore. If I don’t, I will probably apply to 2 more.

hey guys. I got accepted into some fly ins and the first one I’ll be attending is the Hamilton one tomorrow. any tips from those who’ve already gone to fly ins? what should I pack? and should I use a suitcase, a dufflebag, etc.?

@magnetnh So I just looked at Connecticut College’s stats. The fly-in program is nice but the school isn’t so diverse. It really isn’t at all; it’s 70% white. So I don’t know if I should still apply to the school if I’m not really even considering going because I want a school that’s more diverse.

@tmkassie What other schools are you considering? I would classify Connecticut College as a top school that is working on its diversity and is committed to it. The best way to really see it would be to participate in the fly in, so maybe apply and see if you get a chance to check it out for yourself.

@magnetnh I’m considering Amherst college. I really like the school and how diverse it is.

Hey guys it’s been a while since anyone has posted on here. How’s the process going for everyone?

Did anyone complete EA or ED apps? Please share?

Also anyone going to fly-ins at Trinity or Connecticut College?

My daughter applied ED to Case Western and EA to Northeastern and Tulane