African-American High School Class of 2018

I applied to Yale, Brown, Dartmouth, Emory, Wesleyan, and Oberlin through QB. Pray for me, I find out if I matched to any of those schools on Dec. 1st.

@aspiringgirl Good luck boo!! If they don’t accept you, we rolling in deep and asking hard questions.
I’m a QB finalist too, ranked the non-binding schools only.

@arinuma Thanks BB! Praying for us to get matched! I want this process to be over. The non-binding schools scare me bc everyone applies to them. I messaged this girl who got matched to Stanford (her #1), but ended up going to Yale.

My MOSTEC cluster leader did the same thing, but got matched to yale and is going to stanford instead. @aspiringgirl

I hope I have that problem, even though I’d choose Yale lol @arinuma

I applied EA to BC and Northeastern.

Hey guys. I’ve been following the chat for awhile, but I wanted to say that I’m applying to Upenn ED, Babson and Tulane EA.

I applied ED 1 to Emory. Also applied EA to UMASS Lowell. Will be applying RD to schools like Georgetown, Boston College, Lycoming, etc.

Applied to Harvard EA, UNC Chapel Hill, and USC (south carolina)

My son applied ED to Carnegie Mellon and EA to Northeastern, Temple (Tyler School of Art), Drexel, DePaul and Hampshire. Michigan State was also submitted by Nov 1st but that is rolling admissions.

DS returned from the Trinity College fly-in and reported that it was amazing. He liked the school and what it has to offer. I think this is now the top choice for RD apps.

I applied to St. Johns, UCONN, Howard U, North Carolina A&T, Tuskegee, Eastern Connecticut, Williams College and SUNY Albany.

I applied to St. John’s Uni, Xavier University (OH), Xavier University of Louisiana, University of Michigan, Spelman, Howard, UIUC, UPitt, Washington & Jefferson College, Fordham, Rutgers, LSU. Applying to NYU and (maybe) Northwestern and UNC- Chapel Hill in December

Yale SCEA and University of Minnesota. Hopefully I get into Yale early so I can just chill for the rest of the year. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey guys, so I just wanted to pass some information to yall about a great scholarship program because who doesn’t love scholarships! Anyways the application for the Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholarship is now open until Feb. 1st. It’s up to 7k/year for 4 years and you get a lot more than just a scholarship. You get flown out to conferences, special considerations for internships, weekly webinars, and so much more. Not to mention you get to be surrounded by so much black excellence. Honestly, the application doesn’t take too long, but regardless it’s WORTH it! I’m a JRF scholar in the Class of 2021, so if you have any questions just let me know! Good Luck! :slight_smile:

I have gotten acceptance into Eastern CT State University.

@QMusic I am interested! Is it extremely competitive and may I please have the link?

Congrats!

Hey guys! I’ve been following this for a while so I’ll contribute. I’m applying to all the UC’s except Davis and Merced, Brown, USC(California), applied EA to Northeastern, Fordham, and Tulane, and rolling to UPitt and Barry. Full ride to u of az

Got accepted to Xavier University (Ohio)!