African-American High School Class of 2018

Accepted to Colorado School of Mines! Waiting on other schools now and finishing up January applications

DD has applied to - Yale (SCEA), Pitt (accepted with merit aid), Pomona, USC, Wellesley, Brown, Columbia, Northwestern, Univ. of Miami, NYU

I’ve applied to Xavier University of Louisiana, NCAT, Spelman, University of Miami, Florida International University and University of Texas at Dallas

Applied to Yale (SCEA), University of Minnesota (accepted to honors program + merit aid), Xavier University of NOLA (accepted + merit aid), University of Virginia (in-state), and Amherst so far. Waiting until Dec 14 (Yale decision) until I apply to anymore. Applied to all EA except Amherst (RD).

Applied to UPENN (ED), Babson (EA), colby, BC, BU, Bentley and Dartmouth

That’s Great, I applied to Upenn ED and Babson EA!

Good luck. Hope you get in today at Yale.

Deferred at MIT

@thenorthstar Time to regroup and RD. That’s what I told DS after Trinity deferral.

Where are the news from the rest of those on the thread? Let’s post here for congrats or support! Also helps out future AA classes.

@hamlon You started this thread - where you at? Grace us with your presence and an update please.

@magnetnh I’m still here! I was deferred from MIT, but I also was admitted as a CS/PlanII major at UT Austin! I’m super excited because Plan II was my top choice honors program and CS is a pretty competitive major. Hearing back so early is a good sign I guess?

I added Wesleyan and Vassar to my list of schools at the last minute (today tbh) and I’m currently finishing up supplements for Columbia/UChicago.

@hamlon Great update! Sending good vibes your way. DS friend got into
Wesleyan ED and it is a great place.

My daughter was accepted at Alabama, Missouri, Tulane, and ED at Case Western where she will be attending in the fall 2018!

@Proudmama2 Congrats to your DD. You must really be feeling your name now!

My daughter has been accepted to Howard and Tulane so far. Still waiting to hear from Spelman.

@Proudmama2
Make sure to withdraw your application from the other colleges, to leave room for other black/AA students.

I got matched to Oberlin through QB on December 1st

Great news on this board now - keep it coming!

I got in early to Harvard!

Accepted ED 1 to Emory!