African-American High School Class of 2018

Finally finished all my applications!!! :smiley:

@ak2018 He was in NHSGA.

anyone know if there is a ron brown scholarship thread for this year?

there isnt @futurelegend im going to make one

Hey guys. I haven’t been in this chat for the longest time. I think I’ve just been so busy but I wanted to come back and give a little update. So I applied to 9 schools: University of Virginia (EA), Spelman College (EA), Georgia Institute of Technology (EA), University of Southern California (Scholarship Deadline), and regular decision- Virginia Polytechnique University, Stanford University, Princeton University, University of Pennsylvania, and Columbia University. I applied for Industrial Engineering/ Systems Engineering for all of them. And Biomedical Engineering as second major choice. I have heard back from all of my early action/notification schools. I got into Spelman (Honors College), UVA, and Georgia Tech (Provost Scholarship- $80,000). I didn’t get the merit scholarship for USC, so I’ve been moved down to the regular admissions rounds. I won’t get the rest of my decisions until March 31 and April 1. Still waiting to hear back from Spelman to see if i got a scholarship, but I’ve heard that they’re stingy with fin aid, hopefully tho I’ll get a merit scholarship. UVA hasn’t given any info about fin aide yet. But I’m instate and it’s not my top choice so I’m not pressed about it. Just wanted to update y’all, I don’t even know if that’s what we do on this chat or not. If anyone has gotten into the same school she as me say wassup. I’ve been really blessed so far in my college decisions so I’m hoping my luck follows suit during the regular decision round. I think UPenn is my top choice because they have the management and technology program that would allow me to get a business and engineering degree at the sameness time, and I’m really into business as well as stem so it would be great to get a degree in both.

Are you going to Spelman’s Honors and Scholars Preview Day tomorrow? @angelwings0137

@jaybelgium no I’m not. I had other plans so I couldn’t.

@angelwings0137 Congratulations on your acceptances so far! May more news come your way soon.

So far accepted to Harvard (SCEA), UT Austin (Plan II and LAH), and Rice (likely letter)!

@MaybeHarvard2022 thats frigging amazing, omg! Will u pick Harvard (ya know cuz of your username)?

@memeqween101 thank you! As of now it’s my top choice, but depending on my other options it may change. :slight_smile:

If anyone here is in the Matriculate program, please make sure you fill this out and receive up to $400: https://airtable.com/shrCe9ou8OAPhIO9z

Accepted to Caltech!!!

@MaybeHarvard2022 what did you think of UT? I am opting to pass. Also accepted into LAH.

@camcam2022 it’s a great school but i won’t be attending lol.

@MaybeHarvard2022 where will you attend?

@camcam2022 still waiting to hear from all the other schools i applied to.

Hi y’all! So far I’ve been accepted to MIT, Swarthmore, UChicago, Northwestern, Amherst (Likely), Wesleyan (Likely), Grinnell(w/ scholarship), UT Dallas(w/ scholarship), and UT Austin (Plan II and CS)!

No rejections yet with a waitlist from Pomona. Still waiting on a few more decisions, but I’m currently between MIT and Swarthmore.

Great choices @Hamlon
I am surprised you even consider Swarthmore in the same chart as MIT.
Wishing you success!

So far, I’ve been accepted to Stanford, Northwestern, Vanderbilt, UC Berkeley, Johns Hopkins, Williams, Pomona, UT Austin, USC, Amherst, UNC Chappel Hill, Tulane, U Michigan, UC Irvine, and UC Davis. Still waiting on Ivys+ Georgetown. My top choices so far are Stanford and Northwestern, but we’ll see. #blackexcellence.