African-American High School Class of 2018

So far accepted to Harvard (SCEA), Brown (likely), Rice (likely), Duke (merit scholarship finalist), UChicago, Johns Hopkins (Hodson Trust Scholar), Williams, and UT Austin (Plan II and LAH). Just waiting on Penn, Yale, Princeton, and Stanford!

Everybody is doing so awesome and should be so proud of themselves!

I’m accepted to Case Western Reserve, Northeastern Honors, Cornell University (likely), Wheaton College (full scholarship), University of Rochester, and a bunch of safeties. Waitlisted to both Swarthmore and UChicago. I’m currently waiting on Lehigh and other Ivies (Harvard, Dartmouth, UPenn). No rejections yet.

Cornell is my dream school, and I’ll probably go if the financial aid is good. Otherwise, I really like Case Western.

I’ve been accepted to Spelman, UT Austin (LAH), Smith (w/merit), Wellesley, Pomona and Cornell (likely). My only rejection so far has been UCLA. Waiting for Barnard, UPenn, UC Berk, and Stanford

Congrats to everyone so far with decisions! Good luck with any remaining decisions!

So far, I’ve been accepted to Duke, Cornell, Harvey Mudd (full tuition finalist), Binghamton and Stony Brook. Deferred from Stanford and waitlisted at MIT and JHU. Still waiting on some ivies, Stanford and CMU. Out of my acceptances, I’m leaning towards Harvey Mudd but my top choices are Stanford, Yale and UPenn M&T.

So far, Stanford, Duke (merit + BSAI), Cornell (Telluride + Likely), Emory, University of Minnesota, and waiting for the other ivies to come on out.

My financial aid packet for Spelman was trash, but a week ago they notified that I would be a Bonner Scholar. Because I have financial need it’s basically almost a full ride for me. Wish they gave this out earlier because I would be more inclined to attend. But my state school is giving me full tuition and I have 51 credits that will transfer.

Daughter was accepted to UVA, Penn State-Univ. Park, Franklin and Marshall, UPitt-Bradford, Temple, SUNY-Albany, Bloomsburg, Indiana Univ. of PA, Mansfield, and Univ. of Vermont. Best FA package, including scholarships, was from Penn State.

So far I’ve been accepted to University of Southern California, UVA, University of Miami, Howard, and Johns Hopkins. Wait-listed by American University, rejected by none. Still waiting on Georgetown (First Choice) and the Ivies. Will update you guys along the way.

The students on this thread are amongst the best and brightest from the great schools and opportunities presented. My daughter was accepted into Southern (Honors College), LSU (Honors College), XULA, Tulane (Honors College), AAMU, Tennessee St, FAMU, UGA (Honors College), Georgia Tech, Hampton, NCAT (Honors College), and Howard University. She has also got accepted and full ride offers from the black common application from schools she has not considered (Morgan St., Benedict, Shaw, Coppin St. and a couple of others). Howard looks to be the chosen school. Good luck to you all.

My son has been accepted into Cornell (ILR), WashU, Middlebury, Hamilton, Colby, Case Western Reserve, Colorado College, Rhodes College, University of Southern California and University of Illinois Urbana Champaign. Waitlisted at UChicago, Williams, and Grinnell.

Final Results:
Accepted: Caltech (!!!), Cornell, Swarthmore, Case Western, my state school (w/ a full ride), and others
Waitlist: Harvard
Took Ls: Yale, Princeton, MIT, and Columbia.

Well, it looks like I’m done with College Confidential. To everybody here: Good luck with your future plans!!

@ChangeTheGame Interesting, Morgan State is actually a hidden treasure, I would take that offer more seriously and take an official tour and do some thorough research.

Also accepted into Yale, Princeton, Harvard, and Penn!

@NuScholar Trust me, I never sleep on a full-ride scholarship, but my daughter is. My child is in Howard University or bust mode, but we will see how things work out.

@univbound101 What an amazing haul of schools! Congratulations. Do you have a preference at this point in the process?

8 for 9 on acceptance. Ohio State (Morrill Distinction Scholar with full ride), U of Miami (President’s Award and awaiting answer for Hammond Scholarship), USC, UCSB, UT Austin, Clemson (merit $), U of MD and U of Iowa (merit$). Denied UCLA

Daughter’s heart is at USC and top choice since 8th grade but a full ride is tough to pass up. Torn.

@ChangeTheGame I think its gonna come down to Stanford VS Harvard.

Accepted to Harvard (RD), Yale (EA), and the University of Minnesota (EA). 3/3 I am still in shock.

I was down about Spelman offering me 40k+ loans but I’ve been accepted into Columbia (RD) & will be attending this upcoming fall!

It’s so surreal!

Daughter accepted to UVA, Florida, Columbia, William and Mary, University of Richmond, VCU, Hampton. Waitlisted at Georgetown, Rejected by Penn and Brown. Will be attending Columbia in the fall.

@jeffrandell that’s amazing!! have fun deciding!!