Alabama Action Honors college

<p>My S will be an incoming freshman from Illinois Fall 2014. He has been accepted into the Honors College/Engineering school and wants to do the Alabama Action the week before classes start. Does anyone know if the students are allowed to move into the residence halls early? He plans to live in honors dorms. I’m trying to schedule hotels as soon as possible.</p>

<p>Yes, students do get to move into the dorms early for AA. </p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>Last year AA participants moved in on Thursday/Friday before AA started on Sunday afternoon if I remember correctly.</p>

<p>The early move in is a great perk. My son really enjoyed AA and it was a great way to make friends early and get comfortable on campus and in Tuscaloosa. Highly recommend it!</p>

<p>The Honors College told me last Friday that they expect to have more AA details available in a few weeks; however, they said they expect move-in days to be Aug. 8 and 9 (details haven’t been finalized with UA housing yet). We will be driving down on the 8th and moving son in on the 9th. Watch the Honors College site for the AA or AO application and more details in late March or early April.</p>

<p>Anyone think that it would be possible to roll from a Bama Bound session directly to early housing move in to an Action session? IE, one trip?</p>

<p>In the past, some students have attended an Action session and then attended the final Bama Bound session.</p>

<p>Thanks SEA!</p>

<p>Thanks for the information everyone!</p>