Alabama Class Ring

<p>I’m a past graduate of Alabama but did not get a ring upon graduation. I now want to get a Alabama class ring but I can’t see the real ones as I live far away from the state. I saw from Balfour that for men there is an Extra Large Traditional and a Large Traditional ring. Since I can’t compare them up close, can anyone advise me about the sizes? I saw one older thread on this and people were saying the Extra Large is simply too big. Thanks for any help.</p>

<p>TJ</p>

<p>I had a similar issue when purchasing my ring. I’m 6’1" and have a larger build. Talking with the Balfour reps, either the large or extra-large traditional would’ve worked, but the extra-large would have been significantly bigger and really stood out. I chose the large traditional as it looked more like a piece of jewellery one might wear on a regular basis, but was still very recognizable as a class ring.</p>

<p>I’d probably recommend the extra large if you were a bigger person with large hands. </p>

<p>If you’re near a JCPenney, they often sell class rings and you can try them on for size and overall fit. </p>

<p>Keep in mind that prices for class rings typically increase every year around October. I purchased my ring before the first price increase in 3 years and saved a lot of money.</p>

<p>It’s not heavily advertised, but one can add a second line of inscription for $5. Many UA students/alumni put ROLL TIDE on this line.</p>

<p>Thank you SEA_tide. That is very useful information. I sent emails to Balfour and they said a representative would call me. I wish I could get to UA to see the rings in person. I may can get there this August, but if I get the ring before then, would probably go with the large version as the extra large seems a little too big. I will check out JCPenny, thanks for the price increase information, and also for the tip on the 2nd line!</p>