Anyone get invited to the Foote Fellowship program?

<p>My S got his invite last week. Program that assigns you a special advisor (generally a highly placed faculty member or an Associate Dean of the Arts & Sciences dept. Allows the student to totally forego the normal required curriculum (sic) and design their own individual 4 year academic program of classes, etc according to their interests and goals. Also allows special invites to dinners and lunches with faculty and special University guests and access to special "fieldtrips" during their four years. Also allows access to special research and internship opportunities according to the brief literature.</p>

<p>Anyone else get this?</p>

<p>this sounds great. Is this only for kids in the school of liberal arts. my son is in school of communication and I wonder if this is open to them. What kind of stats did your s/d have to get invited. My s got invited to apply to the MIami Strive program, which is a leadership program, but he decided not to do it. Sounds like a good deal.</p>

<p>did the invite come via email or regualr mail?</p>

<p>It came in the mail last week. It is a College of Arts & Sciences program only. His stats were 1480 on the SAT (790 Math), CS major declared, graduated ranked in the top 2% of his HS class, he had 6 semesters classes of college classes (2 Bio and 4 computer/network/security related) already under his belt and 6 AP classes all of which he had either 4's or 5's already or expected. He also had good EC's. I was told by the program director that they try to get a good rounding of different majors out of Arts & Sciences in those they invite. They only invite enough to get around 20 participants each year with a 4 year total in the program of around 80.</p>

<p>Congrats to your son. what impressive stats. it sounds like a great program.</p>