Anyone use Hotwire for hotel

<p>curious what the 3 star hotel is for $41?</p>

<p>???</p>

<p>What city, what hotel,and for when are you asking about?</p>

<p>For T-town? </p>

<p>For Bama Bound?</p>

<p>It’s for T-town on 2/21 will be there for HS baseball and son is taking drivers test the next a.m. With hot-wire you don’t get to
Pick hotel</p>

<p>There is a cheat site for Hotwire that keeps track of people’s hotel picks and predicts hotels. If the three star hotel has the following amenities - complimentary breakfast, fitness, hi-speed internet, business - then it is most likely Wingate by Wyndham. The site I use is called betterbidding. Good luck.</p>

<p>last year I did Hotwire 3 star and got the Wyndham, may have changed though. I second the betterbidding suggestion.</p>

<p>My son and I used Priceline this summer for a hotel in TTown.
It was the Wingate… very nice clean hotel for forty bucks.
They have a free breakfast, biscuits and gravy, waffles, eggs, sausage, coffee, juices etc
There was a Burger King, Waffle House, Cracker-Barrel, and a truck-stop at that exit
(It’s right off I-20/I-59) that is all that’s around it., feels kinda isolated, only the Burger King is walkable … about a 10-15 minute drive to campus.</p>

<p>thanks- that’s what I’ll do then - it’s $41 and we aren’t picky- just don’t want to pay alot for a room- baseball will be over around 7 p.m. and don’t see any reason to drive home to B’ham. Ill wait untill the day of to book just in case weather is iffy</p>

<p>Let us know if it does end up being the Wingate… going down the following weekend and thinking about trying PL/Hotwire.</p>

<p>I will let you know</p>

<p>FYI … I used Priceline to choose a hotel, in their 2.5 Stars category … those are the hotels charging $89 or more per night, and Country Inn and Suites on McFarland near the expressway accepted my $60 / night bid. Good, clean and new hotel with full breakfast and dual queen beds. 33% off is not too bad. Give it a try!</p>

<p>I’ve never used these sites- on Priceline how do you go to country Inn and offer the price?</p>

<p>hlsess … when you bid a price, you cannot choose the actual hotel. You bid in a “category” and one of the hotels in that category elects to accept (or not) your bid. That’s why I chose the 2.5 Star category for Tuscaloosa, since virtually all of the nicer hotels are within just a couple miles from UA. If you really feel the need to know where you will be staying, then “bidding” won’t work. Good luck.</p>

<p>Dad2ILD- thanks for explaining-</p>

<p>Betterbidding website works for Priceline, too. One other difference between Priceline and Hotwire is that on Hotwire you can specify up to 2 adults and 2 children. This way you will get a room with two double or queen size beds. On Priceline there is no such option. You could be put into a room with one bed. If more than 2 people will be in the room, Hotwire is a better choice.</p>

<p>If you are not picky , Hotwire has good value .</p>

<p>I booked on hotels,com with Country Inns and Suites for my wife and daughter during the Capstone weekend. It was about $45 per night and was ok for them for three nights.</p>

<p>Country inns is $89 for the night we need-I plan to use hotwire for $41</p>

<p>let us know where you get booked for the 41.</p>

<p>will do Mike</p>

<p>Just booked it- the $41 3 star hotel is Wingate by Wyndham- Skyland Blvd
Hotels.com had it priced at $62
This is great we will be there for HS baseball Monday until 7 pm and my 16 year old takes driver’s test at 8 am so we plan to go to Cypress Inn if we get thru with BasebaLL in time-
If not we will eat somewhere quick -</p>