Appealing 5 UCs?

<p>Hi guys,</p>

<p>I got into UCSB and UC Santa Cruz. </p>

<p>I got into UCSB, but for some reason I was put in as undeclared. Thus there’s no guarantee I can even study engineering. Should I mention this on the appeal, that I’m passionate about computers and that I would truly like to study engineering?</p>

<p>***I have a 3.7 UC GPA and a 34 ACT (~2250 SAT), 780 math 2 and 750 bio m. School’s API is 910ish, so it’s tough.</p>

<p>I feel that I should’ve gotten into UC Davis, Irvine, and maybe San Diego, but I got rejected from both of those as well as UCLA and Cal.</p>

<p>Is it bad if I submit an appeal to all 5 of those colleges? I’ve heard that I should only appeal maybe one or 2 at the most. I truly believe I should’ve gotten something better - I had a decently challenging courseload, unique ECs/essays, and Davis is closeby to my home so I would really like to go there. Plus, I like my choice of major there - Computer Science and Engineering. </p>

<p>What do you guys think?</p>

<p>Unless you have some new and compelling information, appealing will likely be a waste of time. If you really want UC Davis, you could just appeal there and see what happens. But I’d say be glad you got into UCSB and go there. It’s a great school!</p>

<p>But the problem is that I got in for undeclared, and the admission offer says it’s difficult/unlikely to transfer into engineering. </p>

<p>I have some great new extracurricular awards that I can include in the appeal, along with why I want to attend UC Davis/SD/I/LA/Berk</p>