Applied 11/18. "3-5 more weeks."

<p>After much thought, I have come to the following conclusion:</p>

<p>I sent Wisconsin an "update" to my application in early December. I had earned an award and I sent them a letter about it. I have a feeling that my application was "re-completed" upon their reciept of my letter.</p>

<p>What do you think?</p>

<p>If so, I really hope that it will not be 6-8 weeks from my re-completion. I doubt it though - so I feel a lot better. I just may hear from them this week.</p>

<p>Do you think it is possible that every time the applicant sends an "update," Wisc "re-completes" the app?</p>

<p>Status changed today to "Your application is being reviewed by one of our admission counselors. Check back here for updates on your application status." I applied on 12/18/05; anyone have any idea as to how long it'll be before the decision is made?</p>

<p>Oh well, in any case, wish me luck! :)</p>

<p>Took 25 days after that message appeared. Good luck</p>

<p>Alright that just makes me mad - I applied earlier than you and they still are "trying to find all of my materials". Also, they havent answered one of my emails. Is this typical policy? Im going to call pretty soon.</p>

<p>arg me2...I applied on Dec 1st, yet it's still "We have received your application and are reviewing your file to ensure we have all materials necessary to make a decision. Check back here for updates on your application status." hope this is normal</p>

<p>I called Wisconsin today, and basically found out what the whole deal with my application was.</p>

<p>Apparently, my being a US permanent resident, my application was initially placed in the INTERNATIONAL applicant pile. I asked why, and this was apparenlty because they assume all US permanent residents to have international school records, and WHEN AND IF the international admission officer clears the file saying, "oh, this applicant doesn't actually have any international school records. domestic admission officers, this kid doesn't belong to me. in fact, he was YOURS to begin with!," it gets put back into the domestic pile to be RE-COMPLETED.</p>

<p>Basically, my 11/29 completion was for the international admissions, and my 12/21 completion was for the domestic admissions. oy vey.</p>

<p>The admission officer started to feel bad for me, and after I took down her name, she personally walked over to my admission counselor and told him to prioritize my application because I've been waiting for so long.</p>

<p>She later called and told me that they're about to make a decision.</p>

<p>Everything works out in the end! Im happy!</p>

<p>"she personally walked over to my admission counselor and told him to prioritize my application because I've been waiting for so long."</p>

<p>I dunno if that's what they say to everyone who call but that's what she said to me too when I just called. tho, for my case, it's that they've overlooked my application so they're gonna prioritize it too...anyway, I'm happy about knowing to hear soon, hope it'll be good news!</p>