Applying to journalism school vs. CAS

<p>I'm a HS senior planning to apply to UMiami. Right now, I'm interested in majoring in chemistry and/or journalism/communications, which I realize are very different. Miami is one of a few schools I'm applying to that have a full fledged journalism school, so I'm just wondering which school to apply to. If I do a double major, is that realistic with two such different majors? (I believe I would apply to SoJ for that.) And if not, which school should I apply to that gives me the most flexibility for changing schools if I change my major choice? thanks!!</p>

<p>

One of the greatest things about UM is how common double majoring is, and how diverse the student majors are. Most students at UM, when you ask what they’re majoring in, will reply with some sort of concoction of double (sometimes triple) majors with anywhere from one to four minors thrown in there. UM is super flexible with changing majors or schools, and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with double majoring in such diverse fields.</p>

<p>And for that reason is why my D fell in love with UM. So she would have the ease of possibly trying other things and doing a double major if possible. We were amazed with one girl we encountered at the Open House in February during the Communications presentation,
she was doing a triple major.</p>

<p>Thanks, both answers were very helpful. So I will definitely apply to UMiami then because I have a ton of very diverse interests! and I think I’ll apply to the journalism school.</p>