Azusa Pacific University Nursing

Is the APU nursing program direct-admit for freshman? Google is not much help, and their website’s wording is odd. Can anyone lend me some information?

I do remember seeing it on the master list of direct entry nursing programs. It’s a thread on here. You should google it and refer to it.

Azusa Pacific Univ. is NOT on the master list of direct entry nursing programs. I have just read through the admission requirements and I agree with CaliforniaSoul that the school’s website admissions description for nursing is unclear and, at best, it is very ambiguous to understand if it is now direct or is it still nondirect admit. This is the type of situation where one must make phone calls to undergraduate admissions & the nursing department to find out if a freshman is guaranteed admission to the nursing program or if course requirements must be fulfilled first as an undergraduate before being admitted to nursing and if that is competitive and not guaranteed sometimes with a secondary application. I remember looking at this website maybe a year ago & I believe there was a secondary nursing application required as an undergraduate but I do not see the any mention of that now. This is not uncommon. Many schools are very unclear about the point of entry for a nursing major [ie. freshmen, sophomore or junior year] whereas others make it very clear with full disclosure as to direct or nondirect admit.

@blueskyforever I am having the same confusion over the ASU Nursing program…most people say the school is direct admit, but you need a 3.75 GPA in your prerequisite courses to advance to upper division nursing courses

It is direct entry, I got in. However, some classes don’t start until spring semester of freshman year