1351 McFarland Blvd.
345.8888</p>

<p>Five Guy’s Burgers & Fries
1800 McFarland Blvd.
Midtown Village</p>

<p>The Front Porch
4421 Hwy. 43 N.
339.3047</p>

<p>Full Moon BBQ (destroyed from Tornado…will be back)
1383 McFarland Blvd.
366.3555</p>

<p>Hokkaido Japanese Steak House (destroyed from Tornado…don’t know its future.)
528 15th St. E.
366.0112</p>

<p>Hooligan’s
1915 University Blvd.
759.2424</p>

<p>Hot Wok Express
6571 Hwy. 69 S.
758.0148</p>

<p>Iguana Grill - Mexican
1800 McFarland Blvd
Midtown Village</p>

<p>IHOP
724 Skyland Blvd.
366.1130</p>

<p>Jalape</p>

<p>Thanks! We aren’t going to Bama Bound, but we’re going for a visit next week. So which of these restaurants do you recommend? We prefer a nice sit down and be served restaurant. Thanks again -</p>

<p>We were in Ttown this past weekend. FYI, we went to Nick’s in the Sticks (or Nick’s Filet) was a 2 hour wait at 8:30pm which meant ordering at 10:30p. Considering we had 2 teenagers with us, we went elsewhere that evening. Ended up at Moe’s Original BBQ. It is a “sit-down” restaurant but you must order at the counter then walk back up to the counter once the order is ready. For us, that wasn’t a big deal. So beware that there are no servers at that particular place.
For breakfast Sunday morning, we hit The Waysider. I guess we beat the church crowd and was seated immediately (actually, you sit where you want). Our server’s name was Dixie. It’s fast paced for the staff but we enjoyed the atmoshpere and the food! By the time we finished eating, there was quite a crowd waiting to be seated.</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>Ah…too bad about Nicks being too crowded! :frowning: </p>

<p>@Pinornoir…</p>

<p>We like…</p>

<p>Bento’s Japanese…the Bento’s Chix is soooo good…and that side sauce…yummy!!!</p>

<p>DePalma’s Italian…always ask what the specials are…I had a special last month that was DREAMY</p>

<p>Wings U…for American food and nice Crimson Tide decor…</p>

<p>FIG…for Sunday Brunch</p>

<p>Cypress Inn for a more upscale experience…on the river…beautiful views at sunset.</p>

<p>Mellow Mushroom for gourmet pizzas.</p>

<p>Iquana Grill for Mexican…and amazing lights decor</p>

<p>Nick’s in the Sticks (really Nick’s Fillet House)…very divey looking, but a “must see”…and must have a Nicodemus drink…but beware…made with Bacardi 151.</p>

<p>City Cafe and Waysider have odd hours and odd open days…so call before going to make sure they’re open when you’d like to go. City Cafe is in a QUAINT area of Northport.</p>

<p>there’s a new Greek place opening in Midtown Village (across from Wings U). Don’t know its opening date.</p>

<p>Taco Casa is AWFUL…we were sad that it wasn’t destroyed in the Tornados (jk)…but McDonalds which is next door was! odd!</p>

<p>^^^
the Greek place opening future date is TBA. A “debris ball” crashed through the roof during the tornado. On the outside, only some broken windows but the most damage was done by the “debris ball”. The sales clerk at the athletic store next to Alumni Hall (at Midtown) told us that the restaurant was set to open then the storm hit.</p>

<p>We’re definitely going to try to hit Nick’s on our next trip. College types were flowing out of the door and along the patio holding styrofoam cups. I got in the car and said to my husband, “I bet those are Nicodemus drinks.” He was like, “what are you talking about.” Then I remembered that I had read about the drinks on CC (m2ck previous posts). So I had to fill him in on how I had knowledge of the Nicodemus ;)</p>

<p>

LOL!!</p>

<p>Thanks for posting this m2ck…definitely will be helpful whenever my parents make it down to Bama.</p>

<p>PinotNoir,</p>

<p>Cypress Inn would be a great choice. It won’t be crowded next week so you shouldn’t have any trouble getting a table. It’s upscale but laid back with a casual dress code. Prices are very reasonable as well. Ask for a table overlooking the river. </p>

<p>My other choices would be Chuck’s Fish or DePalma’s.</p>

<p>Mom2c must have stock in Taco Bell that’s why she’s running down The Casa. Both are great when you’re drunk at 2am and want something to eat :-)</p>

<p>*Mom2c must have stock in Taco Bell that’s why she’s running down The Casa. Both are great when you’re drunk at 2am and want something to eat :slight_smile: *</p>

<p>lol…not a great fan of Taco Bell, either (but it is tolerable).</p>

<p>My kids love to tell the story about when we went to Taco Casa, got into the car, tasted the food, put it back into the bag, drove to the drive-thru next door at McDonalds, and when we got our McD order we handed them the order from Taco Casa bag to throw away. </p>

<p>It really is that bad…not even decent enough to just suffer thru.</p>

<p>If someone ever wanted to put in a good Mexican fast-food restaurant, it would be great!</p>

<p>LOL. Taco Casa is one of those places that you love or hate.</p>

<p>M2CK: LOL on the taco casa story!</p>

<p>My D and I ate at the Cypress Inn today. It has become our favorite restaurant in T-town. If you go, be sure and get a slice of their peanut butter pie. It is perfect!</p>

<p>We are here for the June 2-3 BB. Tonight the BB kids went to Buffalo Phil’s. I am sure they will have fun.</p>

<p>First chicken wings I ever ate were from Buffalo Phil’s (back then it was called Wings N Things) and I was hooked. I wrote many a check for an extra large order of wings (extra wet with extra blue cheese) and an order of curly fries. If we had dining dollars back then I wouldn’t have had to suffer all those hand cramps :-)</p>

<p>I still love their sauce. I just wish they’d get some bigger size wings. Some of those things are nothing but bone & sauce.</p>

<p>^^^Cuttle, so glad you got to the Cypress Inn. We love it!</p>

<p>^^^NJ, where was that BBQ place you like? Did it survive the tornado?</p>

<p>Archibalds is my favorite BBQ place. It’s north of The University so the tornado never came near it. </p>

<p>Easiest directions would be to take McFarland Blvd over the bridge into northport. Make a left onto Hospital Drive (there’s a taco casa on the corner) and take that to the top of the hill until you can’t go any further. Make a right onto MLK and it’s about 200 feet up on the left hand side of the road. </p>

<p>If you think the original Dreamland is a shack you haven’t seen nothing yet :-). There are only about 5 stools in the place so be prepared to take it to go or eat it outside on one of the picnic tables.</p>

<p>I am convinced that only people who are originally from Tuscaloosa actually like Taco Casa.</p>

<p>Buffalo Phil’s is on the corner of the Strip across from TCBY and Publix</p>

<p>Taco Casa reminds me of the tacos from Jack in the Box, but more expensive. That said, it is minimally better than any of the “Mexican” food I’ve had on campus. Note when making tacos: put spices on the meat. :slight_smile: I’d like UA (and the Publix near campus) to get a better selection of quality Hispanic foods.</p>

<p>I’m still looking for a restaurant that serves good food that costs less than $10 per entree and is near campus. I liked Mr. G’s and Bottomfeeder’s, but they aren’t exactly close to campus.</p>

<p>As for a restaurant recommendation, Big Daddy’s (in downtown Tuscaloosa across from Mugshots) is really good. Most people go there for hookah, but it also has excellent gyros and other Middle Eastern foods.</p>

<p>Sea _Tide, have you tried Hooligan’s? It’s pretty good and relatively cheap.</p>

<p>I have tried Hooligan’s.</p>

<p>Recently ate at “Five”, it is owned by the same owners as Chucks. The food and music were pretty good and the concept is interesting. I think there is some room for improvement but the antique chandeliers and drinks are enough to make you want to try this place.
[url=&lt;a href=“http://five-restaurant.com/Five/home.html]home[/url”&gt;http://five-restaurant.com/Five/home.html]home[/url</a>]</p>

<p>I’m puzzled by the respect/love both Buffalo Phil’s and Taco Casa get in T-Town. Both are, to be frank, fairly awful, though Phil’s commands what might be the best restaurant location in the city.</p>

<p>Chuck’s is <em>awesome</em> though. Great seafood, and their white chocolate bread pudding is unbelievable.</p>

<p>Archibald’s is definitely my favorite barbeque place in town, though I’m rather biased when it comes to BBQ- I’m an Arthur Bryant’s fan, and no Alabama, Carolina, or Memphis barbeque has had any luck in swaying me.</p>

<p>DD is having a Bento withdrawal…has been craving their “Sunday Morning Roll” for days.
Seriously we LOVE Chucks…have had several amazingly memorable and very good dinners there.<br>
Again Rama Jamas is just great for a big 'ole breakfast.
Mugshots…burgers…fries and milk shakes…(birthday cake )…Yum!!!
I think we continue to go back to Buffalo Phil’s because it gives you that “you’re in a college town eating at a college restaurant” feel…For those who live in Missouri it would be the equivalent of Harpos or The Heidelberg at MU.
Like Archibalds as well for bbq (yes Bryant fans here as well although I really do like Gates fries double cooked 'till they are crispy. )
We are glad Gigi’s has arrived to quell DD’s cupcake fix…boyfriend is required to g there quite frequently :).
Also really like Yogurt La
b in Bryant Denney for a quick frozen Yogurt fix:)</p>