<p>FYI…just 2 years ago, Bama was ranked #96…so up 21 spots in 2 years!</p>

<p>Bama is gaining on…</p>

<p>Virginia Tech</p>

<p>U of Iowa</p>

<p>Clemson</p>

<p>Rutgers</p>

<p>UMinn-Twin Cities</p>

<p>Bama will get there… :)</p>

<p>I still can’t figure out why Bama doesn’t make the “up and coming” university lists. </p>

<p>I don’t know of any other univ that has jumped 21 spots in just 2 years!!</p>

<p>^^^I agree with you. What other university seems to be more “up and coming” than Bama?</p>

<p>Hate to sound like a broken record, Mom, but could it be anti Southern bigotry? </p>

<p>Just think how much higher UA might rank when the administration is forced to be much more selective given the campus space constraints!</p>

<p>The completion of the Science and Engineering Complex will surely bring in more Engineering students and Science majors, which can only lift the freshman stats.</p>

<p>would be nice for interested students to know that UA is once again, the top ranked university in Alabama</p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>It was last year as well. </p>

<p>Last year, Bama was 79 and Auburn was 80-something (like 84).</p>

<p>Roll Tide Squish Eagle</p>

<p>Without a doubt, Great news! I echo the comment above about the completion of the SEC on campus. With all the focus nationally at the highest ranked schools on how strong their Engineering programs are, UA will likely benefit greatly from the boost it gets from the new complex for all STEM majors, which will REALLY lift national visibility and the rankings that come with it. Even in state, while ranked lower generally, Auburn is still generally thought to have the stronger Engineering program. Once the SEC is finished, UA should crack into the 60s in the Rankings in the next few years. Roll Tide!</p>

<p>When will the SEC facility be complete?</p>

<p>OK so I just looked at the list online, two things came to mind…why doesn’t Bama have a picture along side it’s name (since it is a beautiful campus) although I’m sure there is one in the actual magazine and two it shows undergrad enrollment of 24,882? how old is that number?</p>

<p>Sniner … I think Phase IV of the SEC is supposed to be completed in 2013.</p>

<p>*When will the SEC facility be complete? *</p>

<p>Phase I and Phase II are complete.</p>

<p>Phase III will complete in November and students will using it for Spring semester.</p>

<p>Phase IV will complete in 2013</p>

<p>However, I don’t think the entire SEC has to be complete in order for Bama to benefit rankings-wise for Phases I, II, and III. Those 3 phases are substantial…I think adding about 600,000 square feet of SEC space should count for something. :)</p>

<p>*OK so I just looked at the list online, two things came to mind…why doesn’t Bama have a picture along side it’s name (since it is a beautiful campus) although I’m sure there is one in the actual magazine and two it shows undergrad enrollment of 24,882? how old is that number? *</p>

<p>I agree…a pretty pic is needed.</p>

<p>I don’t think the undergrad number is old… I think people forget that the larger number that often gets reported includes grad students and law students.</p>

<p>could it be anti Southern bigotry?</p>

<p>Yep.</p>

<p>[University</a> of Alabama ranks highest ever on U.S. News & World Report ‘Best Colleges’ list | TuscaloosaNews.com](<a href=“http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20110913/NEWS/110919905/1007?Title=University-of-Alabama-ranks-highest-ever-on-colleges-list]University”>http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20110913/NEWS/110919905/1007?Title=University-of-Alabama-ranks-highest-ever-on-colleges-list)</p>

<p>see copied below:</p>

<p>The University of Alabama this year achieved its highest ranking in U.S. News & World Report’s annual list of the nation’s top colleges and universities.</p>

<p>UA is ranked 75th among large research universities, up four spots from a year ago, according to the magazine’s “Best Colleges” edition, which was published online Tuesday. It will be on newsstands Sept. 20.</p>

<p>Among public universities, UA is 31st in the rankings, also its highest position among that group. Last year it was 34th. It’s the 11th consecutive year UA has been in the top 50 public universities, something administrators tout prominently in promotional and recruitment material.</p>

<p>“Once again, we are pleased with this national recognition of our academic programs,” said UA President Robert Witt in a statement. “The quality of our students and our faculty and staff has never been higher, and our growing enrollment is a clear indicator that the educational experience at the University of Alabama is meeting the needs of our students and their parents.”</p>

<p>^^
Lol. (10char)</p>

<p>Excellent news! Thanks for sharing.</p>

<p>Dr. Witt has been an amazing visionary.</p>