Baruch Dean's Scholar

So I got into Baruch regular admission and a few days later I got invited to apply for the Dean’s Scholar program. I chose to apply because hey, if they want to pay my tuition and give me a laptop, I’m not going to complain. I also applied for Macaulay Honors with Baruch as my second choice and used my Macaulay essays in my Dean’s Scholar application. Does anyone know when they will notify me or how competitive the program is?

FYI I have a GPA of 94, SAT of 1390 CR/M, a strong course load and extracurriculars, and what I believe to be two quite strong essays. Not sure how good my chances are…

The Macualay Honors program is competitive. Students get selected for high grade point averages, SAT, curricular activities, and etc. If you wrote a strong essay that described who you are mostly, not what you want to be, then you should have a chance of getting in the Macaulay Honors program at Baruch.

@TheSphere Yeah I’m familiar with the requirements for the Macaulay Honors program, but I’m wondering more about the Dean’s Scholarship. Do you know anything about it?

Are you informed about the workshops, priority registration of classes, and study abroad opportunities? If you are the I don’t know what else to tell you. Only thing would be that the Baruch’s Dean Scholarship program decision usually comes after the Macaulay Honors decision.

I would also like to know more abt the dean scholars. I applied to macaulay w queens as my 1st choice and baruch 2nd choice. Is dean scholars considered difficult to get into? I have a 1420/2080 SAT and while im hoping to get macaulay, dean scholars sounds similar and good also. Please help!!

I think we’re in a similar boat, only I applied to Hunter as my first Macaulay choice

I didn’t apply to Macaulay cause I didn’t know about it in time to apply. But I have a 32 ACT and a 3.7 gpa, will this be good enough to get an invitation for dean’s scholars? CUNY had some difficulties with my transcript btw, that’s why I don’t even know if I got accepted yet to Baruch, but I’m assuming that I will.

I think that will get you an invitation to apply if it’s not too late to be invited by the time they process your transcript.

@LIParent101 hopefully it’s not too late. It wasn’t my fault that the transcript got lost so that would suck.

Hey have any of you guys heard back from deans program? Only heard from Macaulay

I only heard from Macaulay also. Maybe if you get Macaulay you don’t get the Dean’s Scholar? Not sure

I got into the deans scholars program at baruch last year but got waitlisted for macaulay at hunter. My weighted gpa for the total four years was like a 98 and my sat score was a 2250. I know people who got in with SATs under 2000. So you guys posting seem to have good chances at getting in :slight_smile: btw I got my decision on march 17th last year. good luck!

Still haven’t heard from them :confused: has anyone?

Heard nothing from Dean’s Scholar yet either only Macaulay

I heard back today!! Accepted

Through email?

I got an email tonight at 5:10 saying I had been admitted to the program!

Congrats @natdue

yea i think they all came out at 5:10 because mine did too.
@natdue and @emsschulz
just curious what were ur stats because i thought mine were low for deans scholars.

@uptowngirl97 : how do u like dean’s scholars at Baruch? I was just accepted this year but trying to make best decision betw there (baruch doesn’t offer engineering) or Grove school of engineering at ccny (regular/not honors) or NYU Tandon school of engineering – very expensive. Help!