BC 2022 Waitlist- Any information/insight

^and no, I haven’t heard anything

@bluebayou , you are exactly right. My son’s COI letter was very specific about the ways in which he would contribute to the BC community based on his demonstrated interests and experiences. He mentioned specific BC programs and clubs in which he intended to participate. It seemed to help his case, although he was still very fortunate to get admitted. Every BC WL candidate is probably well-qualified, so there really is some luck involved. Does your story/profile strike a chord with the members of Admissions? If so, you might get the nod!

Does anyone know if yesterday was the last day that students would hear about the waitlist?

I’m not 100% certain but to my knowledge, there has only been one wave of offers. In the past, there have been multiple waves.

Where should I send the continued interest letter to? Can’t seem to find the email address for that.

there is a “mmet the admissions counselor” section on the BC website. From there, scroll down to your region,

The WL will remain open until BC fills the class with deposits and their expectation for any loss over the summer, called ‘summer melt’ in admissions parlance. For example, BC may lose a student or two from higher ranked schools who select a BC student from their WL. (One year, BC lost a kid who was accepted off of Harvard’s WL.)

That being said, the WL has been open as long as June 30, but typically closes before then.

GL to all. Even if you get the call on June 30, the education is worth it, IMO.

Does anyone think there will be more acceptances?

Has anyone heard anything?

I know some decisions were made today.

Ugh, I would rather them just reject me than to make me wait like this.

Daughter was offered admission from the waitlist this afternoon at 4:30!

^^'Grats to BedfordDaughter and other new Eagles!

@bluebayou, thank you! She’s over the moon!

Congrats @Bedfordmomof3 - other than having your daughter express continued interest, do you feel there is anything else you did as follow-up that made the difference?

was this wave also given a week to respond?

I’m thrilled for those who have gotten good news, but am also trying to hold out hope for my daughter. Which is getting harder to do :frowning:

Would appreciate any intel, and of course, hearing about anyone who gets in. At the very least it lets us know the list is moving…

Thanks!

@Justforinfo, after my daughter accepted a spot on the wait list, she booked a tour and information session so that she could take another look at the campus. Of course she fell in love all over again. She sent an email to the admissions counselor for our area the morning of the tour and mentioned she would be on campus later that day. My daughter asked if she had time to meet and perhaps answer a few questions. The counselor would not promise to meet with her but said if she happened to be free while we were there, she would chat briefly. They had a quick conversation and we left. Daughter has great grades, extra curricular activities that she has been involved in since 6th grade, NHS and she works everyday after school. I was actually very surprised that she wasn’t accepted outright. She applied EA was deferred and then Waitlisted. She did email the counselor on a couple of occasions throughout the process. She made it very clear that she would attend if accepted.

@lovebc, she was given a week to respond.

@Bedfordmomof3, My daughter has never heard back from her admissions counselor, and she has sent several emails over the past 6 weeks- not even a generic confirmation of materials received. Is this status quo? We are in VA. The only phone number she has is the general admissions number and the one time she called in lieu of email, she had no sense that anyone was writing down her message or taking note of her name, etc. She’s hoping that all her letters haven’t been going into the void!