Best dorm for transfers

<p>Any recommendations for incoming sophomores? I want to be with students my age or older and pretty centrally located.</p>

<p>Very few non-freshmen live in dorms. There are some sophomores, but nothing really beyond that. I think there is one non-freshman hall (Tripp), but it is not that centrally located. Try looking at houses or apartments.</p>

<p>I too was wondering the same thing. Transferring in as a sophomore. Thinking the transfer House at Tripp Hall. I don’t know.</p>

<p>I live in the transfer hall in Tripp right now, and I absolutely love it. It may not be as centrally located as any of the SE dorms, but for a lakeshore dorm it’s close enough to a lot of campus buildings…my furthest walk is about 20 minutes. I would recommend living in Tripp as a transfer just because it makes transferring so much easier. The majority also get their own room (there are only 4 doubles in the transfer house) so you don’t have to worry about any awkward roommate situations, which is a huge ease as a transfer. My closest friends are from the transfer hall, and I wouldn’t have lived anywhere else my transfer year :)</p>

<p>Thanks for that great input smita and welcome</p>

<p>Try for a Tripp transfer house- there are 2 in it. You may want to give Res Halls a phone call to see if they can tell you where there are the greatest percentages of nonfreshmen. Except for the transfer houses there will be at least 50% freshmen in each dorm- they ensure that returning students don’t fill any dorm. But the dorms popular with returning students will have the most older students. Slichter, across from Tripp, comes to mind. Adams (next to Tripp) and Tripp have many single rooms and therefore likely to have more older students. They have doubles as well so won’t have filled. They are old and may have smaller rooms than some dorms- you can check all sorts of info on the Res Halls website. Liz Waters also is more popular with returning students- you can list it and could get lucky in the housing lottery.</p>

<p>btw- each dorm is divided into “houses”. A house is one or more floors of a dorm building- a whole building in the case of Kronshage. Each house has a housefellow. Houses can be coed- genders separated by wing or floor so no coed bathrooms. A hall/dorm is generally a building- except for Kronshage which is several buildings. The highrise dorms may have 2 towers connected at the main floor- think Sellery and Witte.</p>