Binghamton University Transfer Fall 2018 Admissions Decision

Starting this thread for people who applied to transfer to Binghamton for Fall 2018. Post in here when you get your admissions decision and what college you applied for. I applied for Decker School of nursing. Waiting to hear back!

Accepted to Watson school of engineering,

Stats:

Current college: UB
GPA: 3.55 with 46 credits.
I got my decision on Feb 8 I believe.

Good luck to you guys!

I applied for Watson, my high school transcripts took a while to finally go through but I think they should be there by tomorrow or the day after. Fingerscrossed!

Applied to Harpur for Fall 2018
Second Semester at a CUNY in NYC will have 30 credits at the end of this semester, 1290 SAT, few ecs mostly a lot of jobs, 2.3 Overall Hs GPA, 4.0 First semester and they asked me for a course progress report which they received a few days ago with all As and B+s. Awaiting decision Ive heard Harpur is easier to get into and my SAT is on the low end of their average i believe so I’m hoping for good news. What do u think my chances are? I’ll update on this thread when i receive a decision.

HS GPA: 3.5
ACT: 32
Evaluations and not grades for college, however, an A in Kor 202 (self-taught) and B+ in Calc 2 at Smith College.
I really hope I’ll get in but also feel like I’m waiting for a rejection letter.

Wow, why are you transferring out of Smith College?

I’m not transferring from Smith. I’m transferring from Hampshire college and am taking five college courses through the five college consortium. Calculus 1 was not challenging for me at Hampshire so I thought it would be more engaging at Smith and Hampshire does not offer Korean. While I could just continue taking classes at Smith college, anti-semitism in Massachusets is actually really severe. I would rather continue living in NY.

Im still awaiting decision, transferring from a suny community college. Gpa 3.7, associates in science. Really getting nervous, and since im a suny transfer they didnt ask for certifications, sat scores, letters of recommendation, essay, volunteer work, resume etc. Which i feel puts me at a disadvantage compared with other schools. Will they send rejection letters as well?

No, Bing only cares about you transcript which means your GPA and rigor of course taken. The sat scores, letters of recommendation, essay, volunteer work, and resume will not play a role in transfer admissions.

I just got my acceptance email today for the school of management at Binghamton.

Congrats! What were your stats?

I am transfering from SUNY Cortland where I was studying business and I had a in major gpa of an 3.91 and a total cumulative average of a 3.79 with 48 credits completed so far.

I’m looking to transfer to Binghamton with a 3.7 GPA to Watson School of Engineering. I am coming from Baruch; however, the priority application deadline has passed. Do you think I could still get in if I submit it within the week?

If they accept the rolling admin, then sure. But your chances will go down for sure, but with a 3.7 GPA I don’t think you would need to worry. Watson school expects a 3.2 GPA and good math skills

Binghamton University - Is it required to attend admitted students day?

I sent in my application the beginning of January for Harpur with a 3.6 GPA coming from Baruch. Would you guys know what is the latest they get back to people or is it because I applied to Harpur that decisions are taking a while. I applied as a freshmen last year and got in so I was just wondering about transfers.

Accepted today at 7:15 PM ill repost my stats from my old post here, harpur

Applied to Harpur for Fall 2018
Second Semester at a CUNY in NYC will have 30 credits at the end of this semester, 1290 SAT, few ecs mostly a lot of jobs, 2.3 Overall Hs GPA, 4.0 First semester and they asked me for a course progress report which they received a few days ago with all As and B+s. Awaiting decision Ive heard Harpur is easier to get into and my SAT is on the low end of their average i believe so I’m hoping for good news.

I’m so relieved I got in and will most definitely be going, goes to show you that HS GPA isn’t everything, I think my essay really helped me out too too be honest, my SAT was on the low end of their average and thats what was making me think i might get rejected, that along with my poor HS GPA. If your a senior with a poor GPA consider doing what i did, enroll in a local community college work hard, save money and work on yourself in the meantime and then transfer after a year. Hope to see some of you around even thought i wont know its you but we made it!

Got accepted into Harpur 2018 coming from CUNY: BMCC
hs stats:
Gpa: ? Never found out, but not great or even that good, surprised if I passed 3.0
SAT: took 2x, got 1290 both times
College stats:

• GPA : 1ST semester 4.0 with 10 credits,
    2nd semester (progress report) 4 As with 15 credits
    Got my acceptance about a week ago

Accepted into Harpur for Fall 2018 last night, transferring from University of Michigan which I attended fall of 2017
College gpa: 2.6 (organic chemistry brought me down a full point)
High school gpa: 4.0
SAT: 2100 old sat, which is about 1440 converted to the new SAT
ACT: 32
Transferring 30 dual enrollment credits, roughly 20 AP credits, 14 from Michigan, and 6 from TC3 online classes that I am doing right now
I believe that the fact that I have only completed one college semester outweighed my poor GPA, as well as the fact that I wrote the essay.
Congratulations to everyone who has already gotten in, and good luck to everyone still waiting to hear!