Black Class of 2013 hs Thread

<p>@Dante- We get out around June 10th</p>

<p>Well that’s awkward for my life, sorry!
Hope you guys do awesome next year, lol!</p>

<p>^^don’t worry you have summer and oreintation to make friends</p>

<p>Sent from my SPH-M910 using CC App</p>

<p>I’ve kinda sorta gotten a list together:</p>

<p>Boston University
Brown University
California State University, Fresno
California State University, Bakersfield
Howard University
Johns Hopkins University
Northeastern University
Rutgers University
Stanford University
Syracuse University
Temple University
University of California, Berkeley
University of California, Davis
University of California, Irvine
University of California, Los Angeles
University of Chicago
University of Connecticut
University of Pennsylvania
University of Southern California</p>

<p>Hahaa I know its a lot but hey, I’m only applying once (until med school lol!). Some are obviously reaches, some matches, some safeties. I won’t really know my actual chances until I take the SAT/ACT though…</p>

<p>Holy cow! That’s a lot of schools :P</p>

<p>O_O That’s so long!!</p>

<p>Lol I know, I know! I’m not 100% sure AT ALL that I’ll be applying to alll of these, but I’ve narrowed it down to these :)</p>

<p>Hi Everyone! I wanted to show a list of schools I’m interested in and see if anyone else was interested in the same ones.</p>

<p>University of Delaware (Safety)
University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill (Match)
Duke University (Reach)</p>

<p>Other schools I’m looking at:
University of Chicago
Stanford University
University of California - LA
University of California - Berkeley
Johns Hopkins University
University of Pennsylvania
Syracuse University </p>

<p>My extracurriculars, volunteer work, and grades are good, but my PSAT scores are low which is a little discouraging. I want to take the ACT. I’ve never been good at Standardized Tests, I get major test anxiety. Anybody know of a way to over this?</p>

<p>@Buttafly13 Narrowed it down?! As in it was longer?!</p>

<p>That’s so long…I’ve kinda given up on going to a UC straight from high school b/c this junior semester I missed up bad…I got a 1.6!! And now idk what my total gpa is b/c it was 3.2 before junior yr…I’ll just go to a CC then transfer…its cheaper too</p>

<p>@Steph- it takes practice :p</p>

<p>I take SATs on Saturday…I’m freaking out!!</p>

<p>African American Junior with a 4.3 GPA (3.5 unweighted i know I have to get this up) haven’t taken ACT yet. #1-#2 high school in state of Illinois, extremely competitive. My dream school is Rice University. But I am also considering </p>

<p>UCLA
USC
Stanford
UIUC
Northwestern
Washington University
Duke
UMiami
Emory
Tulane
Carnegie Mellon
UC Berkeley (but not really) </p>

<p>I am also treasurer of my schools class council
150+ hours of volunteering
200+ hours at my job
supervisor at my local hospital</p>

<p>What do you guys think of my chances. I’m looking to go into electrical/electronics engineering or entrepreneurship business (probably minor).</p>

<p>@Zombie-Lol yes it was! Don’t judge me :wink:
@ForeIn-since the UC’s only count sophomore & junior year you probably still have a chance, especially at the lower tiered ones like Riverside or Merced.
@MrAPMsn-I’m definitely jealous of your weighted GPA. Based on your grades I say you have a good chance at the majority of the schools buut your ACT is an important factor & I hear engineering is a competitive major…very good chances though I think</p>

<p>^^ya but I live in norcal and I don’t think my mom would let me move</p>

<p>@Buttafly13 I take the ACT for the first time in February. Hoping for a 30+. If not, i go but to studying. And as far as my GPA the semester just ended and my weight GPA for the semester was a 5.0. So that 4.3 is going to be slightly higher. Just to make you more jealous ;). Just keep working hard and you will definitely get the GPA you desire.</p>

<p>I definitely think you can manage that 30+! I’m hoping for at leasst a 2100 on the SAT (i’m taking in March) to compensate on my not so spectacular GPA. Ughh you are making me sick lol :smiley: Yea I’m trying not to sucuumb (spell check?) to junioritis but I think I’m going under…</p>

<p>Took SATs for the first time today!!</p>

<p>^How do you think you did?</p>

<p>Anywhere between 1950 and 2100.
I think I did pretty well.
Gonna take them again in April, though.I Want a 2200. </p>

<p>Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using CC App</p>

<p>I’ll probably be taking it in April too.</p>