Blinn TEAM students

<p>So, I applied for Engineering kinda late in December with a 1230 Composite SAT, 3.53 GPA (at a competitive Private School), Eagle Scout, 1st quarter rank, but I just found out yesterday I got Blinn TEAM.</p>

<p>Who else has gotten Blinn TEAM?
Is it something they offer everybody?
What kind of curriculum should I do if I want to transfer into the College of Engineering after one year of Blinn TEAM?
Is it easier to transfer from Blinn TEAM versus transferring from any other random JuCo?</p>

<p>the benefit to blinn team is that you are also a student of a&m and you can enjoy being an aggie NOW! you can go to fish camp. you can live on campus (if it is not already full). you can get a meal plan (if you want). they do not offer it to everybody. about 500-700 students. i forget the exact number.</p>

<p>i would love it if my daughter got the gateway program (where you have to start in the summer) but i doubt she will. i would be happy with blinn team, too. still waiting here.</p>

<p>they will help you figure out what you need to take.</p>

<p>blinn team is dream for many kids. otherwise they go to college station. goto blinn every day, have no dorm options (except off campus dorms), can’t go to football games unless they find a way to score a ticket. can’t do intramurals or use the tamu rec center. plus other things i am sure.</p>

<p>Last year there was a lot of confusion with the offers for Blinn Team students … They thought they received an offer but it was an offer to be “added” to the list for it. This was not a guarantee spot. Just another long two month wait…In the past years The Blinn team offers go out at the end of April and the first of May.
Congrats to you Nperry and good luck to your daughter Mike.
As a mother of a Blinn team student I do know the stress of waiting…it is tough!</p>

<p>almosttime - yeah i was surprised that there are blinn team “offers” this early.</p>

<p>blinn team offers have gone out as late as end of may first of june in some past years.</p>

<p>My brother did Blinn team his freshmen year and I think he liked it for the reason stated above “to become an aggie now!”. He had a majority of his classes at Blinn and one or two each semester at A&M so he still got to be on the main campus every other day. Somedays though he had to go between the campuses which can be a bit of a trek but they do provide bus traNsportation between the two. One thing to note is that with engineering there are prerequisite classes you have to take in order to take upper level engineering classes. My brother wasn’t able to do those classes and it set him back a year, he’s done summer school for three years and he is still going to graduate a semester later than the rest of his friends. Blinn is a feeder school for A&M though so he was able to transfer completely after one year vs the two(?) that Blinn team promises. Just something to think about.</p>

<p>I think it was easier to transfer from Blinn TEAM to Texas A&M for my daughter. She was also able to secure on campus housing.</p>

<p>I agree with others who stated that an offer to be considered for Blinn TEAM doesn’t mean you will receive a spot. </p>

<p>My daughter didn’t find out until late April last year. She also had friends who were considered for Blinn TEAM, but not selected.</p>

<p>Did you receive a letter from Blinn and Texas A&M that you were officially selected for Blinn TEAM?</p>

<p>I’m positive I got Blinn TEAM, the online letter said:</p>

<p>“Congratulations! You have been admitted to the Blinn TEAM Program, a collaborative partnership between Texas A&M University and Blinn College located in Bryan, Texas. The Blinn TEAM program allows you to take classes on both campuses and enjoy several privileges of a full-time TAMU student. Upon successful completion, students are guaranteed full admission to Texas A&M for the Fall 2014 semester. Visit the Blinn TEAM website at blinnteam.tamu.edu for complete details regarding this offer. To accept your offer and confirm your intention to participate in the Blinn TEAM, please check the box below.”</p>

<p>Then it had a check box asking me to accept my admission to the Blinn TEAM program then a next button to setup my New Student Conference.
But thanks for the concern. I guess they were quicker in getting some of the Blinn TEAM offers out this year than others, lucky me so now I can still register for on-campus housing cause I know plenty of others who haven’t heard yet at my school.</p>

<p>That is a much better system because they have alleviated the months of stressful waiting. Also, it doesn’t put you in the position of having to pay deposits for housing at a different university. </p>

<p>Are you going to accept? I think the benefit it gives you over CC is that you have an established TAMU GPA when you apply to transfer. Just plan your course schedule carefully to minimize the time to transfer fully.</p>

<p>Congratulations!</p>

<p>Thanks, I think I am going to accept and apply for housing ASAP.</p>

<p>So, any ideas on how I should plan my curriculum for engineering. Right now in HS, I’m taking AP Physics and Honors Calculus which should help on my math placement exam but I won’t be testing out of Physics since the Physics I’m taking right now is Pre-cal based.</p>

<p>First thing I would do is pull the degree plan for your intended major. It should be on the TAMU website for your major. </p>

<p>As my daughter isn’t going into engineering, I don’t know where the degree plan is located exactly. I do know that the engineering degree plans are very specific and require certain sequence of courses to move forward and not fall behind. You will want to plan carefully.</p>

<p>It was very helpful to know what the required courses were when we attended Blinn TEAM advising. The Blinn advisor we met with was not familiar with the major my daughter wanted. They didn’t even have a copy of her degree plan. </p>

<p>Thankfully we had it printed out along with her dual credit transcript from high school.</p>

<p>You need to arrive at the TEAM advising day with a solid idea of the courses you want to take. Remember you can’t take more than 5 hours at Texas A&M with the remaining at Blinn. </p>

<p>I imagine because engineering majors are so large at Texas A&M, you will likely find both a Blinn advisor and Texas A&M general studies advisor knowledgeable about your specific degree plan.</p>

<p>But you should spend some time looking through the requirements because 2nd semester, you will set up your schedule on your own.</p>

<p>Before spring enrollment, my daughter set up an appt. with Blinn and the advisor for her intended Texas A&M major. Those appointments were extremely helpful and she made changes to her schedule based on the information she received at those appointments. </p>

<p>Good luck and again congrats!</p>

<p>What happens if I don’t pass the math placement test?</p>