Cal Poly SLO 2023 Admissions Decisions

@enginedad401, it shouldn’t make any difference. Once things settle down, you could call and ask admissions if they need it reported. I doubt it though.

@faithdragons and @Zevia,

If you would all do a little extra leg work and calculate your MCAs and post to the Final Status thread, it would be VERY helpful to future applicants. I see very posts from micro majors so it’ll be hugely helpful. Thanks!

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/cal-poly-san-luis-obispo/2128874-understanding-the-mca-plus-calculator.html#latest

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/cal-poly-san-luis-obispo/2128373-2019-final-status.html#latest

if i haven’t heard back for biomedical engineering, am i waitlisted or denied? i’m an out of state fairly competitive student and haven’t heard anything…

My daughter was accepted into aerospace engineering on Saturday

@cocolee, if you haven’t please post post on the Final Status thread, including MCA. thanks!

aerospace engineering
GPA 4.4
ACT 32
Not sure about MCA

No email yet , just updated portal

My S has not received an admissions decisions yet. He is a Business Admin major with an MCA of 4900, GPA: 4:76, ACT: 34. He has 6 friends from his school who have been accepted to SLO so far. Three of them with his major who all have much lower numbers than he does. How concerned should we be? Seems like he would have heard already as it sounds like the majority of the acceptance waves have already happened.

@Collegebd4: Several posters on the other thread said they called admissions and they are not doing with acceptances and still reviewing applications.

Thx for the update. I am also waiting for my D’s decision. She applied for CS major and her portal still has the message “No determination has been made at this time.”

i’m still waiting for child development and losing hope quickly:(

Still waiting here as well- good luck to everyone :slight_smile:

I just got waitlisted at SDSU, I have officially lost hope with Cal Poly.

Does anybody happen to know how many students have applied/gotten accepted as environmental management and protection majors in previous years?

@drv702: Below is the link for SLO’s target projections since 2010. Look at FTF apps vs FTF target for the major

https://ir.calpoly.edu/content/publications_reports/targets/index

@enginedad401 You should send an email and get it verified in writing since it’s a class she anticipated on taking. They do give extra credit for up to 10 semesters of English so it’s definitely in their MCA formula. If she exceeds the 750 points without it, (and being an IE I’m sure the points they care about most is semesters of math and lab science but who knows how they really do it) then it’s probably fine but you do want to have them look at it and verify. When my son got admitted two years ago we discovered we’d accidentally put his AP Macro and AP Gov’t classes as one year each instead of one semester. When we informed them of the mistake we initially got a very scary email saying it could affect his admittance and they’d need to look at it but they came back a bit later and said it didn’t affect his admittance (they are elective classes and they don’t give points for it). However, I didn’t relax until we got the OK email (this was the same year it was in the news that UC Irvine rescinded something like 600 kids for mistakes on self-reporting their transcripts so the UCs/Cal Poly do take it very seriously, especially on years they over enroll).

My son was accepted at SLO for math but rejected at San Diego State. Makes no sense but he is happy nonetheless. What a week. SLO math decisions definitely started rolling out already but may not be finished yet.

SDSU had around 30,000 more applicants than SLO so odds were against this year’s applicants.

welll my D got accepted to sdsu but it looks like shes going to be wl or rejected at calpoly. go figure

it “appears” to me that SAT scores were higher at SLO and GPAs were higher at SDSU

@StacysMom24: You also have to remember SDSU uses only 10-11th grades with the 8 semester Honors cap for the CSU GPA while SLO uses 9-11th grades with the 8 semester Honors cap for their GPA.