Cal Poly SLO Class of 2024 New Applicants Thread

Any chance another wave of acceptances will come out tonight?

Accepted ~5pm 3/3/20
In-State (Central CA)
Major: Environmental Earth & Soil Science
GPA = 3.83
ACT = 29 (=1340 SAT)
MCA = 4100

Accepted OOS CS!! Anyone know if any scholarship info has been released?

@cmg2024
Congrats to your D! My D was also accepted. I was the one that seriously recommended the Madonna Inn. It is quite a unique place. All of the rooms are different. (See www(dot)madonnainn(dot)com/viewrooms) The best ones have rock walls, floors, and/or showers. I’d recommend any room with the word “rock” in it; however, most of the rooms only have 1 bed. They have a pool that’s heated to 82 deg F with a beach entry and bar. Great cake at their cafe and a nice steakhouse.

If the Madonna Inn is booked up (most rooms will be already booked), I’d recommend the Apple Farm www(dot)applefarm(dot)com

If you’re on more of a budget, I’d recommend a motel on Monterey Street, which is sortof walking distance to the downtown and the school.

If you’re looking for ocean front I’d try the www(dot)cliffshotelandspa(dot)com in Shell Beach

Will they release anymore acceptances?

@sabrinagrant I have the same question…how long do they usually send out acceptances before waitlists and rejections start to come out?

Yes.

For now I would not worry to much. It’s had only been a day since SLO started releasing first acceptances. Give them at least a few more days, and keep your hopes high. Best of luck!

I highly recommend the Apple Farm restaurant. (I worked there as a cook when I went to Cal Poly.)

I got in last night!
Major: Mathematics
GPA: 4.2
SAT: 1250
I honestly wasn’t expecting to get in because my SAT is below average
Good luck to everyone who is still waiting. Everything will all work out:)

Someone on the 2024 discussion page said this:

“Our school’s college coordinator told the students that SLO advised her this morning that another wave of acceptances will go out today at 5.”

Read this on another Cal Poly thread. I think they will be sending out decisions for the next couple of days.

For those of you that have been accepted - did you all receive emails - or find out looking at the portal? If the portal is updated first - what is the time difference between acceptance and email notification? Thank you!

@Hopefulmom1 I have not been accepted yet (fingers crossed) but portal update is first followed by an email about 12 hours later.

For my son it was portal update and then email 24 hours later.

Still no update. Frankly this is like torture.

Mine is still pending for bio… Ik I didn’t get in

Agree…like torture! My D is still waiting. Her stats are superb and she applied for Poli Sci.

Same here. No updates yet.

Looking for architecture acceptances, don’t see too many . Anyone out there? Best of luck to all? !

same