Cal Poly SLO Class of 2024 New Applicants Thread

It is very frustrating that Cal Poly doesn’t simply release all decisions on the same day like every other school. Frankly the way they do it is agonizing.

Son got in last night but didn’t know to check. Got an email today at 7am.
Major: Mathematics
GPA: 4.14
SAT: 1510
Good luck to all!

Has anyone heard back who applied for Business Administration?

Does anyone know when they inform you of scholarships? Or did it come with your acceptance? I don’t see any information and I was accepted last night.

@caligirl2024 No, I have not. I thought my stat falls within the range last year but I guess I was wrong. I am from S Cal. :frowning:

yes. my neighbor’s daughter was accepted yesterday for Business Admin

So I’ll take it there’s no new wave of acceptances?

Several. Search the stats thread:
http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/cal-poly-san-luis-obispo/2175337-freshman-class-of-2024-stats-only-decision-thread-final-status.html#latest

I am getting less and less hopeful that more acceptances will actually come out :confused:

I would guess that there will be at least another 5,000 acceptances sent out.

I called the Cal Poly admissions office today and asked about the release schedule and the guy said that if we have not already heard it definitely does NOT mean you won’t get in. He said they send out acceptances randomly and many more will continue to roll out throughout the month. Sit tight!!

@DiHydrogen2121 Better chances for us :))

In-State or OOS?

My daughter was admitted yesterday around 5pm to Math, SAT 1390, GPA 4.52 . Good luck to everyone else. She is interested in becoming a Math teacher in secondary education. Does anyone know how good Math the program is?

I don’t know, sorry.

My portal is suddenly “no longer available”… maybe they’re updating it? anyone else?

is anyone else’s system for cal poly portal down?

Its down for me also

maybe it’s being updated?

yes mine is down