Cal Poly SLO Class of 2024 New Applicants Thread

Thank you! Losing hope a little

Travelbee, I’ll assume your daughter also applied to all/most of the UCs. She is going to get in somewhere (very likely many places) and will be very happy. I hope you keep us updated on where she ends up because this waiting nightmare will be over very soon.

it looks like waitlists are gonna come out next then rejections

Where did you here that?

@DanielSabogal but the people who called the admissions office and met with admissions reps said that this was only the first wave of acceptances. There’ll most likely be another (if not more) wave sometime this week.

Plus, cal poly released both OOS and IS out at the same time which is something they haven’t done in recent years. If they’re switching it up, it’s not easy to make assumptions on what decisions are gonna roll out next.

Please stop speculating. You’re not accepted until you’re accepted and you’re not rejected until you’re rejected = ). It’s as simple as that.

I just read an article that admissions are down for Cal Poly and the article (from a few days ago), indicated SOME people have already been notified of acceptance leading me to believe there is more to come.

https://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/local/education/article240536476.html

My son got in for Architecture on Tuesday evening at around 5PM.

Why do you think that?

Also from the article posted on Feb 24:

That article says that “applications” are down by about 3%, not admissions.

Hoping she gets in. We are still waiting also. One of my twins got in on the first round, then one of their friends got in last night. Now waiting to see if my other boy gets in. It’s his dream school. Good luck to all! It’s so hard.

Thank you so much for that information. It is extremely helpful. So many losing hope. Let’s all prop each other up. Good luck to all who are still waiting!

Never give up! There is always hope. Did you read the post from the mom who called Cal Poly? They said that they will still be releasing acceptances all week/month.

Yes, I also read “applications” are down. Which would mean that your chances are better this year of getting in. Keep the faith. It’s torture, but please don’t lose hope.

Yes, my earlier post should have said applications are down, not admissions.

Son accepted into Mechanical Engineering :slight_smile: OOS

Stats:
1490 SAT (superscore)
3.9 GPA (4.4 weighted)
2 AP courses - scored 5s
National Merit Scholarship Commended
Top 10% AMC/SMC
didn’t calculate MCA

Also accepted at Colorado School of Mines/Thorson, ASU Barrett (Polytechnic). Time to make some decisions.

Best of luck everyone - hang in there - we just heard today and have been on pins and needles for the last 2 weeks. Keep checking (but maybe just once/day so it doesn’t drive you bonkers)

@IzzyJ69 congrats!! Did acceptance just go through or did you hear yesterday?

@Doubtfuleyes13, it went through sometime between yesterday evening and when I checked 30 min ago. We have been going nuts so have tried to limit our checking. (I could have told you in which 15 minute increment it occurred had it been anytime last week…lol)

and thank you!

Have a lot of people heard back for Biomedical Engineering? Also when is the next acceptance wave? Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back!!