Cal Poly SLO Class of 2024 New Applicants Thread

@casewagstaff You have a decent shot at getting in based on your GPA but you are below the 50th percentile for ACT which lowers your chances. I wish you good luck!

Wrong SocalDad : )

Btw - D20 was accepted this week, she forgot to pull her app after accepted to ED college.

4.0 uw
34 ACT
9 APs
Good ECs and p/t job

@BFADanceParent Congrats to your daughter! My son is still waiting to hear if he’s been admitted to Graphic Communications. Do you mind sharing if you are in-state or oos and your daughter’s stats?

@dancebballmom go to this thread and use the magnifying glass next to the page number to search for and see the stats of those admitted for Graphic Communications. http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/discussion/comment/22624553#Comment_22624553

My daughter was admitted to GC with a 4.12/1340 and 4518 MCA.

Anyone think they could release the next wave tonight? Or would it be smarter to assume that it will be Monday again? Getting anxious and tired of waiting.

Either way not feeling optimistic, especially after similarly waiting for SDSU decision and finaly getting denial from SDSU today.

I have a 4771 mca and instate for computer engineering …should I be worried about getting on the waitlist?

It could be today, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or any other day in the next three weeks or so.

The admissions office told me today that they are still getting through applications and that some they had reviewed have been put aside for additional consideration. Not sure I buy that they haven’t all been reviewed in some manner by now but that is what I was told. The admissions person said acceptances would be continuing all the way to Apri 1, but would not say whether in waves or small trickles. I did not get the impression there would be any more mass “waves” like earlier this week but that is just my impression.

My son’s MCA looks to be about 4689 and he is waiting to hear for computer engineering as well. Good Luck to all!

Anyone know if there will be a wave of acceptances today?

Any rejections??

i’m hoping for acceptance…if i get waitlisted or rejected, i don’t know i would appeal to the admissions committee. in state btw

Daughter just accepted OOS but it says for “alternate” major. She applied for architecture. Not sure what this means as she didn’t indicate an alternate major so maybe the email will shed some light when it comes in.

It also says I got in for my alternate choice of major. I am also OOS.

1 Like

Has anyone been accepted for in state psychology yet?

@5OnTheHill Congratulations! Do you happen to know roughly what time your daughter’s acceptance was updated in her portal?

I have 2 daughters at Cal Poly myself, and am a non-traditional student who applied for transfer there for Fall 2020. I suspect that they will notify transfer students after potential incoming freshman, but I was just curious about what time your daughter was notified. Thank you!

@TeenyTidyHome Not sure of exact time it appeared but we checked the portal tonight at 5:15pm PST.

Son was accepted on Tuesday for Business Admin. 4650 MCA in-state. We just heard that a friend who applied for Aerospace Engineering finally heard tonight that he was accepted into his alternate major which is BRAE (Bio resource Ag Engineering).