Cal Poly SLO Class of 2024 New Applicants Thread

Has anyone heard about computer engineering yet?

My son also applied for computer engineering and so far crickets. I haven’t seen anyone accepted or denied for CE on this thread have you? Our college counselor said none of her SLO engineering applicants have received decision yet, one way or the other.

I read two Computer Engineering acceptances in the acceptance thread.

There are several CE acceptances on the Reddit Thread. MCA low of 4447 to high of 4787.

Still waiting to hear, I applied under biological sciences and I know at least one person from my school who has already been accepted. Its feeling like I’m already rejected/waitlisted so I’ve kind of just given up hope that the portal will ever have a decision for me. It’s just frustrating because I know that they have already made a decision about me, so why cant they just tell me???

Have you heard anything yet, I’m also still waiting for biological sciences.

This whole thing is a joke, and kind of cruel! I agree, they know, because there’s nothing to the application! If this is how they run at the school, maybe we are dodging a bullet!?!

Also haven’t heard for biology, but got into sdsu as a high stat applicant in December, is it possible that department hasn’t sent them all out

If she doesn’t get in, you could always try to appeal. It is definitely stated that an error is not grounds for appeal but I don’t see any harm in trying. Good luck!

Unfortunately I don’t think that is highly unusual these days. Don’t only like 1 out of every 7 engineering applicants get accepted?

On what basis would they appeal?

@5OnTheHill @travelbee:

SLO will not consider the appeal just based on missing Middle school courses work only. This would set a precedence if this applicant would be accepted and opens up a larger issue. SLO would then have to to deal with additional appeals for all applicants that forgot to enter in Middle school courses.

If SLO will not allow applicants to make course changes to their application, why would they consider an appeal??? There would definitely have to be more involved in the appeal to have any valid basis.

The harm in trying is that an appeal would not be successful, as they are clear that an error in the application is not a valid grounds, so the time spent would be wasted. That said, it’s also pointless to speculate about what one should do before an admissions decision has been made.

My portal still says “ Thank you for applying to Cal Poly. We have received your application. No determination has been made at this time.” I applied for biological sciences and my backup is pre-kinesiology. Should I just assume that this silence is rejection? :frowning:

You can assume whatever you like, but nobody knows for sure. Based on last year’s timeline, we should have greater clarity by the end of this week.

Not necessarily. A determination will be made. WL came before rejections two years ago when my daughter applied. She was unsuccessful.

Same here - 3 types of loans offered. Her friend did get non loan financial aid. We are waiting for the rest of the UCs to decide and if there is no aid from SLO, I can’t let her go - paying for 5 years is double our income (even with a CalGrant). It’s just not realistic for us.

What makes it sad is that is was her dream school and dream major. But she is a bright, strong, talented, young woman and will be successful where she goes to college.

Wait, so a UC is less expensive for you than CPSLO? How does that work? (Please forgive my ignorance; I’m out-of-state.)

My S is a third year at Cal Poly SLO. Cal Poly SLO tuition and housing costs as much as or just less than UCs. Financial aid for state schools drastically is lower than that of the UCs. Plus, Cal Poly SLO offers limited or zero scholarships to admits. Comparatively, UCSB would have been less out of pocket with grants, regent scholarship, etc., but my S was set on Cal Poly so we pay the crazy fees!

Tuition is covered by the grant (both UC and CSU), she lives close enough to live at home, and they offered a nice merit package that she can use towards her education - she called last night but it looks like she can use it for summer school/study abroad/school/books and related fees - they said they would send her a letter explaining in 3 weeks. It is renewable for 4 years (depending on GPA). SLO is more expensive than the other CSUs because of additional fees.

If the same merit scholarship was offered at any UC, it is generous enough that it would still be less expensive than SLO.