Cal Poly SLO Class of 2024 New Applicants Thread

We are waiting on ITP as well, I have not seen any “Yes” responses for this mayor yet

Son waitlisted for Biological Sciences. 1510 SAT and unweighted 4.0 gpa (I’m not looking up the actual weighted calculation).

D waitlisted for Psychology
CSU GPA 4.04
SAT 1280
Today 6:30pm Nor Cal

Is anybody else getting weird symbols instead or letters in their student portal?

Waitlisted for Electrical Engineering! and by the way - portals will be down tonight for maintenance after 8!

Just got waitlisted. How do I accept it? I did not receive an email? Also how do I appeal it? Thanks

Waitlisted for Biz, MCA about 4480. Found out about 6:45 PM PST on portal. Congrats to those accepted.

@casewagstaff: You can only appeal if you are denied, not if you are on the waitlist. Last year, there was no action if you want to stay on the waitlist. If you wanted to decline the waitlist, then you would fill out a survey that was emailed later.

If I still haven’t received a decision, does that probably mean I got rejected?

@cb2002: No decision = No decision. Waitlist decisions will probably roll out for a few days.

Do you know if any acceptances are still coming out? @Gumbymom

How likely is it to get off the waitlist? Also when will we find out if we’ve been taken off the waitlist?

Are acceptances done? Will anymore come out?

I got waitlisted for Architectural Engineering. 4.6 GPA weighted 4.0 UW. About 50 (semester) college credits completed while in high school. All my general education requirements for the California system will be completed by the time I graduate. In state. So bummed!

S Waitlisted 3/11/20, ~6:30 pm ?
Sad because his stats seem higher than some that were accepted into the same major. Does being asian male make a difference? Just wondering. Oh well. Probably not meant to be. Congrats to all accepted! All the best!

Major: Computer Science
MCA: 4760
SAT: 1530
GPA: (4.25 CSU, 4.15 Capped, 4.0 UW)
SAT Math 2: 800
21+ hours EC
In-State, Nor Cal

@cb2002: I cannot say for certain that more acceptances are going to be posted since I do not work in admissions. If you look at past decision threads, once the waitlist decisions start posting, then you can assume no more acceptances but again this is all speculation based on past year’s timeline.

@aleanae: How likely to get off the waitlist is dependent upon how many admitted applicants SIR (enroll) by May 1. The earliest you usually hear about the waitlist is after May 1 and according the website, all should hear by May 15. In the meantime, you need to SIR to another school by May 1 if you do not hear by then.

https://www.calpoly.edu/admissions/waitlist

What are the odds of getting accepted off the waitlist at slo? Has someone already said this I feel like I’ve seen it

Waitlisted
OOS - Colorado
Major: Mechanical Engineering
SAT: 1430
GPA: 4.15

Honestly not too bummed about the waitlist since I could still get in! Fingers crossed!

Well, that means that whoever hasn’t gotten waitlisted most likely got rejected! (aka me) REJECTED SQUAD RISE UP LOL!!!

@Indecisive944: Your odds of getting off the waitlist are dependent upon how many admitted students enroll by May 1 and how many spots are open for your major.