Cal Poly SLO Class of 2024 New Applicants Thread

@MominSanDiego My D accepted the admission today as well for Public Health:)

Just to inject a glimmer of hope for those who haven’t heard back yet, DS was accepted today for Computer Science, with an SAT of 1490, CP GPA 4.07, MCA 4996.

Accepted today @ 11:50 for Architecture after being on waitlist

3.96 W 3.83 UW
32 ACT
4332 MCA
OOS (WA)

Also accepted University of Washington, not sure which one to do.

Good luck to the rest of you!

Congrats! Was this off the waitlist? And are you in or out of state?

@palacio811 Could I ask when were you waitlisted? I’m on the waitlist as well. Did you get an email?

Has anyone gotten off of waitlist for mathematics?

@palacio811 Since you got off of the waitlist, can you accept/decline your admission offer? Or does it say you already made your decision?

@JandTsDad. Disagree, I think their strategy of rolling out decisions is cruel. Making hundreds of students wait weeks without any sort of said date or time period makes the admissions process much harder for students. I understand that this may be difficult times during the COVID-19 crisis, but out of the 21 universities I applied to, this was by far the worst method I have seen and I can promise you, CP SLO is not the only university dealing with this crisis. I could care less about my decision, but the way I found out could have been handled much better. There are plenty of ways to ensure getting the best possible students to enroll that does not result in increased anxiety, stress and emotional torture for students. Watching plenty of other students receive their decisions but not receiving theirs has led to plenty of confusion. I really do hope Cal Poly SLO, as a respectable, top tier institution, will find a more efficient ways to send decisions that will not result in this kind of confusion and uncertainty and overall disappointment for future classes. Nevertheless, congrats to all admitted students and to the rejected, you will end up where you are meant to be and will inevitable have a great college experience wherever you go!

Accepted today off the waitlist for biomedical engineering through email! Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Do you think I have a chance off the waitlist for “COMPUTER ENGINEERING”? MY MCA is 4771.

Denied yesterday for Software Engineering, max gpa, max course points, out of area in state, 1450 SAT. We new his SAT was too low for Cal Poly for this major but still bummed.

I’m not sure why people would be confused by how Cal Ploy SLO releases admission information over several weeks. That is the way that they have been doing it for many years.

What do you think of UCLA and Berkeley not sending out any admission information until just a few days ago?

@jkliewer I was waitlisted March 11, and I was notified this morning my an e-mail, and then confirmed it on my portal

@LonzoBallFan2 I can still accept or decline. I just have to make a decision by May 1.

Does anyone have an idea as to when the next group of waitlist applicants will be notified? My daughter is on the waitlist currently as a business major 4.35 GPA and 29 ACT.

@palacio811 Ok that is weird. On my portal, when I checked, it says I already made my decision even though I didn’t?

My daughter just declined her spot at Cal Poly (Computer Science). Good luck, everyone.

Michigan EA releases in December and those deferred can hear in one of three RD waves on or about 2/1, 3/1 or 4/1. And a few are still waiting for a decision.

I think it’s based on when those admitted decline enrollment: when an admitted students says “no” then they admit someone on the waitlist from that major. So I don’t think it will happen in waves, but individually. Good luck!

It is not a one to one ratio if some one declines admission since SLO admits a little more than 3 times as many students vs. spots. Several students would have to decline admisison for a specific major before they start admitting from the waitlist.