Cal Poly SLO Class of 2025 Regular Decision

Are In-State students also expecting to be hearing back in this wave or this just for OOS? Seems like stats are all over the board so this isn’t just for high stat students. The process seems a little disorganized to me.

4 Likes

waiting patiently :rofl:

It seems to always be a mess. Last year it looked like OOS and IS were mixed in, but before that OOS started to come out a day before IS. They don’t come out all at once either, but no real pattern to what comes out when.

No one knows. It seems to change every year.

How does everyone know there Cal Poly GPA. Maybe I knew it at one point and just forgot.

You can calculate it using this link: GPA Calculator for the University of California – RogerHub

Cal Poly looks at 9th-11th grade A-G courses and caps it at 8 semesters of honors points I believe.

Oh ok. Thank you! Thought it was something they gave us when we applied. I’m fine not knowing. Just glad to be in!

I think the only thing given was the CSU GPA but it’s slightly different as it’s only 10th-11th grade :). Congrats on your acceptance!

1 Like

From a post above it seems like they are releasing international, OOS and athletes. There has not been an in-state wave yet.

Last year there were a handful of decisions released and then a large wave on March 4. It began at 7:00am. It included international, OOS, and in-state. Other waves followed but I believe this was the largest.

4 Likes

@MrRobot2018 When my son applied to SLO, it looked like the gpa was automatically calculated in their system.

1 Like

Thanks. I probably just don’t remember.

So are you saying that last year the wave that was released on March 4 is similar/same as the wave being released now? Trying to get a sense from those in the know if it looks like notice is being sent earlier than previous years.

it auto calculated Cal State GPA not the special Cal Poly one that includes 9th grade.

FYI. After entering all your grades into the CSU app, the system’s software spit out a CSU GPA. I remember the number displayed being fairly large in terms of font size. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This year does not seem to be similar to last year. Someone else posted that it seems similar to 2018 and 2019 where they released international and OOS the day before in-state.

What I will say is that I was expecting to have to wait until next week for in-state but we might just get news much sooner! That would be awesome!

Go Mustangs!!

1 Like

fingers crossed

Please don’t hold your breath. I can’t imagine anything this year being done earlier. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I agree. I was actually shocked to see this small wave come through yesterday especially since SLO extended their application deadline to 12/15.

Where did you see that? I only saw the one on the cal state apply site?

To clarify, the only GPA found on the CSU application is the CSU capped weighted for 10-11th grades only. The SLO GPA has to be manually calculated using 9th-11th grades with the 8 semester Honors point cap.

2 Likes