Cal Poly SLO Class of 2025 Regular Decision

I have no idea. According to the same article regarding psychology:

“The major that’s the most difficult for freshmen to crack based on those metrics isn’t even in a department from one of Cal Poly’s prestige colleges. It’s in Liberal Arts.”

Who would have thought? Cal Poly is an LAC now. :laughing:

Hey everyone, after much deliberation, I am happy to announce my commitment to UC Davis! Thank you all for the many fun memories I’ve had on this forum, the highs, the lows, and everything in between. Cal Poly was the first “competitive” school I’ve been admitted into and for that I will always be grateful. I hope by vacating my spot, someone else has a chance. You’re all deserving of a spot at an elite university and it’s a crime there’s so very few spots. This will be my final post on this board until seven months from now when my girlfriend applies in seven months. See you guys later. Peace:)

23 Likes

In years past there were a few decisions released at the tail end of RD; I’m surprised we didn’t see a few posts here yesterday?

A lot of us transfers are still waiting unfortunately.

1 Like

Really? I thought the last day was march 31st

1 Like

That’s what I thought too…

1 Like

For those who might be interested, it looks like the calendar has changed for Fall 2021.

https://registrar.calpoly.edu/2021-2022-academic-calendar

3 Likes

I wanted to ask the same question. My daughter (in state) is waiting to hear from her final school today but Calpoly is and has been her top choice. She sent a letter of continued interest, which I don’t think makes any difference or impact whatsoever. I do know that, according to the statistics from last year, out of 4,976 applicants, 66 were pulled from the WL. That is such a low number that it’s disconcerting. But this year is so crazy that who knows?

2 Likes

According to the Common Data Set for last year, there were 8816 wait listed applicants, and 4032 ended up admitted. I think your numbers are from 2019-2020. But going back through those from the past couple of years, it definitely varies wildly!

1 Like

OMG! I had not seen this doc before! This is great and thank you! I was going off of this list: Waitlist Statistics - I like yours WAY better!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My daughter was waitlisted for Psych at Calpoly SLO and it is her number one choice. Because Calpoly has limited variations in majors, she actually is interested in brain mechanics/bio psychology and neuroscience. She had to put psych because it was closest to her major when applying. So maybe that is why the low acceptance rate? Because psych is such a broad topic. I don’t know but it’s such a crazy year that anything is possible

1 Like

FYI, we had a conversation about housing today with someone really nice at Cal Poly Housing and they said they MAY not use the “red brick” (older) dorm buildings this coming school year.

3 Likes

did anyone else on the waitlist get an email inviting them to the virtual open house?

Yep I got it

Is anyone that got invited into the cal poly scholars program not accepting the offer? Do you guys know if they live in the dorms on campus

All freshman live in the dorms on campus.

I think you need to be admitted as a Cal Poly Scholar which is different than the honors program.

Psych is a huge major and typically makes up one of the biggest majors of universities across the country. There’s just a ton of psych students everywhere so it makes sense it’s going to be pretty impacted.

If you think impaction for psych at Cal Poly is bad, don’t even look at what the job market is like with the sheer number of psych degrees vs the actual amount of psych-related jobs. A lot of my friends are discovering that very depressing reality right now since I was HS class of 2017.

If you want the numbers, look at the FTF apps. Psych is only surpassed by CS and business for highest freshman applicants.

https://content-calpoly-edu.s3.amazonaws.com/ir/1/images/2021-2022%20Cal%20Poly%20Enrollment%20Projections%20and%20Targets_0.pdf

Ack! Correct. I was thinking honors. I edited my post.

1 Like

Is the portal down for anyone?