Cal Poly SLO Class of 2025 Regular Decision

I linked a Tribune (local paper) news article above in an earlier post. Post #2025.

Psychology is the most impacted major at Cal Poly with 3,222 apps for 66 First Time First Year Freshman spots.

me too

No one was, or is arguing with you. I get it, regarding psych. I have been a biologist for the better part of 25 years, and I understand the trends in jobs vs discipline. I was just talking about the limited availability off of a waiting list at CalPoly for my daughter.

If I can ask when did you get the email and when is the virtual open house? Thanks in advance!

I got the email on April 2nd at 7:30pm. The open house is on April 9

Thank you!

I got the email at the same time, but open house begins on Thursday the 8th!

When you guys commit to cal poly, do you just do that by clicking I accept on the calpoly portal??

And when are the things on the to do list due? Do I have to do it right away after committing to the school?

Anyone else struggling to get the honors app done by 4PM today? :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

I harassed them and made them finish it yesterday.

1 Like

Lucky you. Iā€™m trying to turn a new leaf and not be the helicopter parent that I am. :grinning:

Sheā€™ll get it done, but itā€™s not going to be the ā€œMona Lisa.ā€

I also made reservations for move-in. Thereā€™s still plenty of rooms left as of yesterday, but the better options have filled up.

What are the better options and what dates did you book?

I booked 9/13-15 (2 nights). Move-in is 9/14-15.

Since we all have different definitions of ā€œbetter,ā€ Iā€™ll leave that one alone. :grimacing:

Typically, we stay at the beach when down there, but for move-in, weā€™re staying in town. Walking distance to Firestone Grill. :+1:

Thatā€™s right now. I may change my mind.

2 Likes

Do we need to come the night before? Is it hard to get an afternoon move in slot?

We donā€™t know what day sheā€™ll get (9/14 or 9/15) and whether itā€™ll be am or pm, so I booked two nights including the night before the 1st move in date, just in case we get a 9/14 am move in. Thatā€™s why I booked 9/13-9/15.

Although weā€™re about 3 hours away, so we could leave the morning of.

1 Like

Do people receive an email after accepting cal polys offer or no?

Sons did. But not right away. Next day maybe?

Oh okay thank you because I commited late last night and havenā€™t received anything. If I havenā€™t done the transcript stuff on my to do list is that why or does that not matter because I accepted the offer

1 Like

The transcript stuff is not due yet. They have not done it yet.