Cal Poly SLO Class of 2025 Regular Decision

Could you imagine the state of those kitchens and bathrooms if they did not provide cleaning?

1 Like

My only experience is with my D18’s Ann Arbor apartments both last year and this year. No free cleaning provided in a typical apartment situation, as you know, and her and her roommates keep everything very clean.

D18 is often bored cleaning her bathroom and FaceTime’s me while she’s cleaning. :grinning:

I’m pretty sure Cal Poly’s Noodles isn’t Noodles & Company but my son says it’s still okay. You can check out all the menus here. https://www.calpolydining.com/menus

The menus themselves look fine. It is the ingredients I do not like. FD&C #5 and #6 blue and yellow, soybean oil in the ramen noodles, High fructose corn syrup in the pizza dough. Ricotta cheese that is : Whey, Milk, Cream, Vinegar, and Xanthan Gum, Locust Bean Gum, Guar Gum [stabilizers]), Liquid Egg Whites, Salt, Soy Protein Concentrate, Dried Garlic, Spices, Parsley, Isolated Soy Protein, Sodium Phosphates, Brown Sugar, Disodium Inosinate and Disodium Guanylate, BHA, BHT, Citric Acid. Etc, Etc. This is going to be difficult for us.

2 Likes

FY were housed in CV this year due to covid capacity constraints. CV normally is used for transfer and continuing students and is not used for FY.

Cero Vista is listed as “FY” for next year 2021-2022. In any case, my D would like to be closer to campus in Yakitutu, North or South Mountain. Housing mentioned in a phone call with us that the “Red Bricks” may not be used this coming year, but they didn’t mention that in the Open House this past weekend.

1 Like

I’m working on housing for my continuing student and I don’t see CV listed for FY. Where did you see that? Thanks!

Came here hoping to see some more waitlist activity but it appears a quiet afternoon/evening.

4 Likes

Here’s the link to Cero Vista and there’s “FY” under the pic along with other student designations.

http://www.housing.calpoly.edu/student-housing/residence-halls-and-apartments/cerro-vista-apartments

Thanks. I was reading this…

http://www.housing.calpoly.edu/student-housing/freshman-student-housing

What’s weird is that I could have sworn that Poly Canyon apartments didn’t have that “FY” previously when I looked at this web page. I mean I’m pretty darn sure it didn’t have “FY.” But now Poly Canyon also has the “FY” designation too. 🤷

As I mentioned above, we had a telephone call with Housing a couple weeks ago and the person said they may not be using the “red bricks” this year, so maybe they’re attempting to migrate FY’s to the apartments. Dunno.

1 Like

Any movement on the waitlists?

Do you know why they might not be using red bricks next year? I just called housing and they said that they plan to use red bricks next year and only put freshmen in the apts if they have to. I guess it depends who you talk to since it seems like students are answering the phones. The student went and asked her supervisor to double-check, but I still think it might depend who you talk to. Please keep us posted if you hear anything!

I assume because they’re old and had a lot of complaints. Honestly, I don’t know how they’ll fit all the freshman on campus w/o using the red bricks. But that’s why I was thinking they may be moving students to the apartments.

Anyone off the waitlist today?

The Tribune again. Published today. I didn’t post %’s. :grinning:

“Here are lists of the 10 majors with the highest percentage of spaces available vs. number of applicants, for both freshman and transfer students, with the number of applications received, spots available and the percent of applicants who have a space available.”

So the 10 “easiest” majors to get into.

1. BioResource and agricultural engineering: 97 applicants, 39 spaces available
  2. Manufacturing engineering: 56 applicants, 21 spaces available
  3. Industrial technology & packaging: 116 applicants, 42 spaces available
  4. Agricultural business: 482 applicants, 168 spaces available
  5. Recreation, parks and tourism administration: 212 applicants, 72 spaces available
  6. Agricultural communication: 112 applicants, 37 spaces available
  7. Industrial engineering: 198 applicants, 59 spaces available
  8. Agriculture and environmental plant sciences: 278 applicants, 80 spaces available
  9. Materials engineering: 211 applicants, 60 spaces available
  10. Dairy science: 45 applicants, 12 spaces available

Read more here: https://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/local/education/article250612749.html?#storylink=cpy

2 Likes

Thanks! Good info for future applicants.

1 Like

recreation management my alt -_-

Future applicants reading this, it’s not at simple as that though since the yield is different for each major, and the stats of applicants to each individual major will vary quite a bit. You can see that the engineering middle gpa was very high this year, and many higher stats students were rejected to the Manufacturing, Industrial, and Materials Engineering majors this year.

2 Likes

The article does not highlight anything new especially if you use the SLO Target projections posted each year. As noted by @CaLHS23, there is a large difference in stats (GPA) between the Colleges like the College of Agriculture vs. College of Engineering. Yes, these are good guidelines for students applying only if they are truly interested in pursuing these majors.