Cal Poly SLO Class of 2025 Regular Decision

We drove down and visited campus this weekend. The weather was beautiful and the campus was active and very well-maintained.

There was a women’s beach volleyball tournament being held in/at the Swanson Beach Volleyball Complex, which I didn’t even know existed before this weekend. The colleges competing were Cal Poly, USC, UCLA, LMU and Grand Canyon.

I know the “red bricks” dorms get a bad rap, but the location seems like the dead-center of campus and from the outside they looked really clean and nice. Construction of the William and Linda Frost Center for Research and Innovation is almost done and should be open this Fall.

We had four excellent meals. So the trip, while unnecessary IMO (D already committed), was a good reinforcement of D’s decision to attend SLO.

7 Likes

Funny we were there this weekend too and stumbled on the volleyball tourney. My son and his friend enjoyed watching all of the girls :-). We walked around, went to Avila Beach and enjoyed our time as well.

1 Like

We went to Avila Beach too. Reminds me of Capitola, but the beach WAY bigger and nicer at Avila.

For the record, all the girls that were playing v-ball had team uniforms on, no bikinis, at least that I saw.

There’s something about me and a ball. I’m very much like my dog. I see ball, watch ball hit and want to play ball. :rofl: I also enjoyed the music. I wanted to stay, but was overruled.

I do want to add to my earlier post. We walked up the hill and around and looked at both Cero Vista and Poly Canyon apartment complexes. Poly Canyon reminds me of mini ski village, like at a Tahoe ski resort. There’s at least one store, large picnic/grassy area and gated pool. Looks like a really nice place to live.

2 Likes

We haven’t received an decision on D’s Honors application. Has anyone received an Honors decision yet?

Nope. (But I doubt either of my boys will be accepted. They did not take the care with the essays that I am sure many studious Cal Poly students take. I think they are over these kinds of essays right now.)

There’s roughly a 1 in 6 chance, but D said she “heard it from a friend, who heard it from a friend” that someone got accepted to Honors.

Did anyone get off the waitlist yesterday?? I saw someone on reddit who said they got off yesterday

Maybe they are rolling them out the way they did acceptances, waitlists, and denials. Or maybe there is confusion between honors and scholars. Or who knows?

I saw that. Kind of odd that there was just one posted between CC and Reddit. It was a software engineering major. Perhaps there will be a few over the next few days.

A parent posted in the FB Cal Poly group that her kid got off the waitlist yesterday.

1 Like

Do you know what major they were accepted under?

Architecture

1 Like

A lot of this article is already posted on the website in the admissions profile section, but just in case anyone is interested:

I am glad there will be more girls.

1 Like

The article does say that actual enrollment figures will differ from accepted %.

What seems a little odd to me is the that article quotes the SLO spokesperson as saying:

1 Like

More from the article:

1 Like

Great news. My kids are half Asian and we were concerned about the lack of diversity.

3 Likes

maybe thats why i was waitlisted :sunglasses:

Daughter got off waitlist last night for Business!!! OOS. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Do you know if she was originally waitlisted March 4th or March 11th?

1 Like