Cal Poly SLO Class of 2025 Regular Decision

I thought I read that SLO caps it at 4.2.

1 Like

it was around 7:15pm or so. my daughter received an email.

1 Like

The emails came out then but the portals already showed admission after around 3:00.

1 Like

Lame they don’t give out the rejections first. Kinda cruel.

According to the Old MCA information from 2013 which I have posted before the cap was 4.2 but if you look at the Freshman profiles for the College of Engineering, the Middle 50% GPA for admitted students is 4.04-4.27 so above the 4.2 cap stated. Since SLO will not list their MCA point criteria anymore, I am sure the cap is increased over the years. College of Liberal Arts range is 3.89-4.25 and College of Science and Math is 4.04-4.26 etc

3 Likes

how competitive was cs admissions to slo this year?

Thanks. I was wondering about that when I looked at the freshman profile.

Many of my daughter’s friends who are high achieving have received their acceptance today from Cal Poly! My daughter thinks it is likely she is not accepted, since she has not heard, and also since so many of her classmates have been accepted. I don’t know if more acceptances will be released in the next few days? It sounds like in the past admissions was rolling over the week but anecdotally it does seem many of the kids we know heard today.

Lol these are early acceptances. Cal poly slo really isn’t supposed to be sending them out till mid march.

If I haven’t gotten an email yet and my application status hasn’t updated, does that mean that I am waitlisted/rejected?

1 Like

I doubt 16,000 admission notices were sent out today.

1 Like

No.

I’m from South OC and I haven’t heard of anyone receiving admission decisions in this wave.

I don’t think these are “early acceptances”. They are starting to release them now. They are unpredictable that way.

2 Likes

We are from OC (Irvine area) and my son got accepted today. I think there must be more from OC

We didnot submit anything for financial aid

Most of my sons’ friends have heard but two who have not are high achieving kids.

1 Like

What are past year gpa’s of students accepted for architectural engineering?

Accepted, 3.47 Political Science, no SAT, CA.

3 Likes

They are test blind this year.