Cal Poly SLO Class of 2025 Regular Decision

@emmithegoat Gosh, I hope not. S21 has 4.21 SLO GPA, 11APs, 4 honors, tons of leadership and over 200 hours of in-depth service and in-state so I assume he’s competitive.

Friend who got invited to UCLA regents (top 1% of UCLA applicants) hasn’t heard back from SLO so I assume that there are more acceptances coming. Unless they yield protect.

1 Like

Daughter, in state, got acceptance email last night. Construction Management
3.9 GPA, Dual enrolled in community college for senior year, lots of EC’s. Good luck to everyone!

2 Likes

Any idea if oos admits for aero engineering is over? Due to the high achievement numbers necessary to get into that major and looks like they sent out to high achievers yesterday would this mean less impacted majors are left?

South OC here, D was accepted yesterday.

1 Like

Sister got accepted yesterday and will be joining the mustang family for Wine & Viticulture! (Checked portal first then received an email few hours later) Her friend from high school also got in for Poli Sci yesterday! (We are from the Central Valley)

4 Likes

My daughter got accepted last night for Architecture! Very excited!
4.0 UW and many APs. Not so many EC/leadership but Varsity Swim. In state, LA County. Last name starts with P.

1 Like

congrats to your son - I know you and I were sharing in the dread of this lottery-style year!

1 Like

DS was admitted to Civil Engineering- 4.1 GPA, lots of relevant work experience. Good luck!

Congrats! Thanks for the good wishes.

Didn’t understand this either - wasn’t really clear and doesn’t make sense. Why would they be asking about Jr. High?

1 Like

Still waiting… 4.0 U/W, 4.6 W business administration

a couple of my friends with 4.3 and 4.2 capped haven’t heard back yet I got in with a 3.8? they both applied during the application extension period could this be why?

They are specifically looking for accelerated/honors language or math classes that would have counted toward high school credit…its unusual

SLO awards extra MCA points for HS courses taken in middle school, such as Algebra, Geometry and/or foreign language.

But, for example, if you took French 1 in middle school, didn’t like it, and then took Spanish 1 your freshman year of HS, then SLO doesn’t count that French course in middle school, since there was no progression to the next higher course (French 2) in HS.

Same logic for math. If you took Algebra 1 in 8th grade and then repeated Algebra 1 freshman year of HS, then no extra MCA points are awarded by SLO for the middle school Algebra class. This is a SLO only issue.

Those extra points help with admittance to SLO.

2 Likes

welp :persevere:

My daughter was admitted yesterday as an English major with an UW GPA of 3.7.

All applications are considered at once. The due date extension is not a factor.

Are their actual admissions officers looking over applications or do they just put everyones application into a calculator or something.

Do you have any indication that Cal Poly considers the high school profile. At some schools, getting a 4. or greater every semester is much harder than at others.

2 Likes