Cal Poly SLO Class of 2025 Regular Decision

I am sure they do. They want kids who will succeed. I know they take a lot of kids from certain CA public schools.

Iā€™m positive that colleges have a strong ā€œbookā€ on most, if not all, high schools that they take applicants from.

1 Like

I went to two different high schools, a private school for my first 2 years and a public school for the last 2 years. In the private school, there were very limited opportunities for APs. You couldnā€™t even take AP English until senior year and most APā€™s were only allowed Jr. and Senior year with a cap of 3 per year. Moreover, they only assigned a .33 bump (not 1 point) per AP class. So yes, getting a 4.0+ GPA wasnā€™t easy primarily because of the lack of APs. But in terms of difficulty, actually found the public school more difficult because they graded constantly not only at the end of big assignments. Plus, even 10 minutes late meant a 50% reduction on grade. Iā€™m not sure how any college could account for any of theses differences - but I hope they do. Unfortunately, unlike UC apps, the State apps donā€™t give you the opportunity to elaborate or explain anything.

So it seems that everyone posting about their admission decision has been acceptedā€¦which means no rejections have gone out. I guess this means no news is not good news? :pensive:

3 Likes

The acceptance wave may not be over.

1 Like

@pjk2002 Unless your two high schools are obscure and/or relatively newly formed, SLO has been admitting (or not) students from these two schools probably for a very long time.

Off the top of my head, I think my D21 only had 4 AP classes in HS, all of them taken junior and senior year. She of course took the honors track in all her other classes. And SLO caps GPAā€™s at 4.2 anyway.

SLO has a history of admitting in this order:

1. OOS/International acceptances
  2. Instate acceptances
  3. Instate waitlisted
  4. Instate rejections

But I donā€™t think yesterdayā€™s ā€œwaveā€ will be the only wave of instate acceptances.

5 Likes

Do you think more OOS will coming through?

Not sure, Iā€™d defer to @Gumbymom.

I am OOS with last name starting with B. Nothing yet

Thank you! Congrats to you too! Itā€™s a good feeling. Fingers crossed for the rest of the kids.

1 Like

Past history indicates there will more a few more acceptances trickling out probably through the end of the week, so more OOS acceptances are possible. SLOā€™s decision timeline has changed every year, so there is no way to know, just keep the faith and be patient.

So you think the majority of instates heard yesterday?

D received her OOS acceptance e-mail yesterday for CS. Congrats to all those got accepted and good luck to those still waiting!

3 Likes

Weā€™re in Capo, and still waiting, but my son is homeschooled, and probably needs a slightly different review of ā€œcredentials.ā€

Congrats, joobamar!

No oneā€™s heard today? :frowning:

nope not yet

It was after 3pm yesterday, so there is hope. Good luck to all!

2 Likes

There are a few that I heard were rejected this weekend so Iā€™m not sure thereā€™s a pattern as everyone is alluding toā€¦

uhhh high blood pressure momentšŸ˜¬

2 Likes

My friend heard back from psychology out of state two days ago and I havenā€™t heard anything yet from kinesiology OOS. I submitted my application the week the portal opened so it canā€™ t be rolling. Good luck everyone! Is there any other kinesiology majors out there that have heard anything?

2 Likes