Cal Poly SLO Class of 2025 Regular Decision

Why do they stall decisions like this? Why cant they just release them all at once?

Iā€™m actually surprised that they released a wave this early. Last year it was March 4.

@machdude @GPlove. SLO has been releasing decisions this way for many years at least 8 years+ since I started following CC. They always have done admits first, waitlist next and then rejections. When my 2 sons applied 6 and 7 years ago, they started notifying admits by Feb 13-14 so this is late for them but earlier than the last few years.

They like to prolong the agony.

1 Like

Are they still releasing more acceptance? Or its done

Hard to say since I do not work in admissions but keeping to their usual pattern, a few more acceptances will trickle out throughout the week. Then onto the Waitlist and Rejections.

Hopefully I am completely wrong since SLO never does anything ā€œusualā€.

Sorry I cannot be any help but hang in there. One thing I have learned in helping my sons, friends and family with their college applications and admissions, that most students will bloom where planted.

I have said this many times that where you go for Undergrad will not define you, it is what you do with the opportunities you are given that will make you successful.

6 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLsWG_OFy8k/

1 Like

So then whatā€™s left is waitlist and rejection? Or are there more admits that could happen.

@cliu36: They say that every year.

@ehk123: Unless you know someone in admissions, no one can say for sure. I still think there will be more acceptances but not as large of wave as yesterday. Many students are waiting for the UCā€™s and other top schools, so they will probably wait to see how many students commit to SLO right away and then continue from there.

1 Like

Im Kinesiology in state and I also havenā€™t heard back yet.

3 Likes

are acceptances just randomly given out in the waves (as in not by major, alphabetically, etc)? software engineering and in-state still waiting :frowning:

I spoke to the representative for cal poly today. She said that things are just starting to roll out and will continue over the next two weeks.

6 Likes

2 weeks! Faowk!

2 Likes

does that include waitlists and rejections or just acceptances?

We are in state for Biological Sciences and DD has a 4.33 GPA, but no idea what that is with their weighting. Sheā€™s never gotten a B, so itā€™s at least 4.0.

She hasnā€™t heard anything yet. A few of her friends have, though.

software engineering, in stateā€¦also waiting.

good luck!! :smiley:

1 Like

waiting civil engineering

She said everything. And I do know some rejections have also gone out Bc my friends friends have received rejections.

1 Like

Just checked portal. Not rejected yet, but most certainly will, just a matter of timeā€¦ applied for child development. Was rejected to CSLB soā€¦ onward to other schools :muscle:t4:.

A few people reported in yesterday that they were rejected by CPP and CSLB but they got into SLO, so hold out some hope. I know itā€™s hard to wait it out. My son got rejected by CPP but hearing those other people Iā€™m keeping my fingers crossed.