Cal Poly SLO Class of 2025 Regular Decision

So no decisions were released today at all?

I have a bad feeling i got rejecetd from cal poly slo. Although I donā€™t know if any transfer notices got out yet? I donā€™t think so

Only freshman so far?

some people did already get accepted to SE :frowning: I hope acceptances arenā€™t by major. Gl to you!

On their main Instagram page @calpoly, they posted today: ā€œAre you #CalPolyBound? Acceptances for 2021-2022 will be sent out over the next several weeks. All applicants will be notified of their admission status by April 1.ā€ So if you havenā€™t gotten a decision yet, you most certainly havenā€™t gotten rejected or waitlisted. I believe in all of you guys, I never imagined myself getting into SLO, so if I was able to get in so can all of you!

7 Likes

If u donā€™t mind me asking what was is ur GPA?

1 Like

It doesnā€™t start with a 4 :joy:. Hoping UCā€™s will see something in me or out of state I go which is what I assume will be the case. Iā€™ve got options out of state.

2 Likes

That was me lol! Rejected by CSULB, waitlisted by CPP, and into CPSLO. Iā€™m seeing a huge trend of this happening amongst other students too, so it makes me hopeful for the students on here!

Maybe you CS kids can do a side project to give back and propose to SLO once youā€™re in to contain the acceptances, find database and email blast capacity to, I donā€™t know, send all the notifications out all at once. It is just an idea from such a strong STEM school.

5 Likes

Not sure how accurate this isā€¦but Iā€™ve heard slo does acceptances first, waitlist next, and finally rejections to not overflow their phone/call system.

I heard that too! I looked on a reddit thread from last year and acceptances came out within a span of a few days, the next week waitlists came out, and then a week or two later rejections did. I donā€™t like how SLO does that. I wonder why they do.

Thatā€™s whatā€™s being said on this thread and likely so. However, I did see a couple people mention on the Cal Poly instagram account that they were rejected and another waitlisted. So this contradicts the acceptances, waitlist, rejection theory.

Yeah Iā€™ve seen that pattern too. One of my counselors, who once worked for cal poly slo, once told me that they do that because they will receive a overwhelming number of calls! And so this supposably helps them with that. Donā€™t quote me though! Idk how true this isā€¦

1 Like

Oh wow I didnā€™t even realize people had already received rejections! :frowning:

Some people get ā€œrejectedā€ because thereā€™s something wrong with their application, like they donā€™t even meet the minimum requirements, like the A-G stuff. So, I think itā€™s safe to assume that some early rejections are that kind of thing. (I know this because my son, a homeschooled student with an unconventional background, got that from SJSU. Weā€™ve appealed. :slight_smile: )

1 Like

@TwoforT Do you mind telling us stats? My D will be applying Phil next year

Wish your son the best of luck with his appeal!! :relaxed:

2 Likes

3.79 UC/CS Gpa for 10-11 4.2 weighted. Iā€™m not sure what it was for 9-11 since I didnā€™t see the calculation on the application. I can try to figure it out and post. Lots of ECs mostly sports oriented with leadership, mentoring. founder/ leader of club. Some community service (church volunteering) during all high school years. Working part time summers since 10th grade and some vacations for family business. 4 years language, 5 years math (including 8th grade algebra and AP calculus senior year). 8 APā€™s in total. Dual enrollment language class junior year. My sonā€™s stats were not out of this world. Where I think he shined was class rigor( he took all APs offfered) especially senior year. Excellerated math and the extra two years of language I think also helped increase MCA points. Good luck to your daughter next year!

1 Like

Does anyone know when EOP decisions will come out, if they havenā€™t, or Iā€™m not too sure how the EOP proccess works. If I get EOP that would leverage this choice so much more, but again Iā€™m not too sure how selective it is, or if itā€™s even selective lol.

If we donā€™t hear by the end of this week, would you assume waitlist/rejected? I called the admissions office today, and the woman said that the order of the decisions coming out is randomized by a computer, with no rhyme or reason. I hope this is true!

2 Likes