Cal Poly SLO Class of 2025 Regular Decision

Still waiting. :pensive: Anthropology major, in-state, 4.2 CSU GPA.

My twins both got in and so did a handful of the friends/classmates. But there are 3 that I know who have not heard. They are all high stats kids where I would be very surprised if they were not admitted. I think there will be more acceptances.

1 Like

Also for anyone who has around two minutes of free time, can you please vote on my reddit poll regarding a college choice from my Early Action and Cal State acceptances? Iā€™m really pressed on these five schools and I would appreciate external assistance to percieve my choices a bit better. Thanks lol.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CollegeVsCollege/comments/lry37j/cpslo_v_scu_v_lmu_v_uiuc_v_neu/

1 Like

No loans. And I pick SLO.

3 Likes

Hey guys I am currently a second year biological science major and I can answer questions about premed at cal poly,general life,etc. Hyped to have yall here

3 Likes

I want to know when ill get in. Im a transfer. It said feb 23 on the admissions list? Or when ill get a decision

Hello, my S21 is an International applicant and has been accepted for CS for Fall at SLO. How are internship opportunities at SLO for international students? I have heard that in general, itā€™s hard in all Unis for internationals, but given the reputation that SLO, is it a little easier. Would welcome opinions, thoughts as we are not too aware of how these things work. Thanks a lot

S21 got accepted, and knows of two classmates who also heard back. Two other friends of S21ā€™s have not heard, and they are pretty high GPA/course rigor kids - both STEM majors. A third acquaintance has high GPA, less rigor, business major, and hasnā€™t heard yet either.

Have there been any more acceptances since Tuesday?

Was rejected by CPP and waitlisted by csulb. Accepted at slo for public health with a 3.32 gpa and 11 aps. Donā€™t worry too much man.

2 Likes

No word of anything other than the initial batch on here or on reddit which makes me think the next big batch will be waitlists.

There has to be a better way to do this, Cal Poly. This puts so much stress on kids, checking portals every 30 minutes for days/weeks. Especially this year of uncertainty.

My daughterā€™s stats were solidly in range with previous years acceptances, in a high acceptance rate major, but not part of the acceptance batch.

5 Likes

Yes she was accepted in psych but the acceptance process seems very strange this years so I wouldnā€™t assume that as a bad sign.

I still think thereā€™s an oddly low number of many of the engineering majors other than some CS and Bio. I havenā€™t even seen a handful of mechanical or aero. Iā€™ve seen a lot of non-eng majors.
Iā€™m still holding out hope they are sending by college or broader areas.

1 Like

I applied for Materials Engineering and havenā€™t heard back yet.

@celeron - Yes, my son was accepted to his second choice major a couple days ago. OOS applicant.

Has anyone heard back for first-year, Political Science major, in-state?

Just to be obsessive, there were only about 1/3 of the in-state acceptances posted in the stats thread this year as last year at this point (2-3 days after the first reports).

So either people are just posting less this year or there are many more to come.

5 Likes

Yes, check the Stats only thread. http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/t/cal-poly-slo-freshman-class-of-2025-stats-only-thread

1 Like

Not going to say that I didnā€™t check that, too. I agree with your calculation and hope for many more to come. :smile:

2 Likes

I have only seen about two people get in for poli sci on here and reddit. I havenā€™t heard back for it yet tho