Cal Poly SLO Class of 2025 Regular Decision

Thank you for the database, very illuminating!

Where do you find the high school info in the database? Thanks!

1 Like

As a senior religiously checking their portal, shoukd I even bother doing it over the weekend? I can’t imagine they’d be sending out decisions over the weekend

also, has anyone heard any applicants for animal science getting a decision yet?

2 Likes

There is at least one animal science acceptance on the stats thread. That being said, I think you are safe to give yourself the rest of the weekend off. Enjoy your Sunday and clear your mind of all this for a day, if you can. From the 2 years that I have had kids applying to CP, I haven’t seen any weekend decisions. Take a break and enjoy being a senior!

7 Likes

I just figured that there had to be a database somewhere as the CSU apps are all metrics. So, I started looking around for one. I found it interesting that what is considered the best high school in SF (Lowell) had the most applications from a SF high school. But the number of students who actually enrolled in a CSU school from Lowell was low. Clearly an admissions hedge. I wonder if when schools see a Lowell student that they discount it somehow in the admissions mix as they know those students most likely will not attend. Also included is some data on majors that is interesting.

Monday is March 1st. I think things are going to start to get very busy on the decisions front next week. CalPoly acceptances for FTF 3/1 through 3/4? That would be my guess as they need to clear out before the UC’s kick in. My take anyway.

1 Like

High school info: Workbook: Application_with systemwide

1 Like

Yes, Lowell is definitely a well known top-performing public high school in our area. One thing that I did notice when searching the database is the the “enrolled” the data from our high school data looks suspect. I know of a few neighbors and friends whose kids started at Cal Poly last year. However the # of enrolled student from our high school was zero. In spite of this discrepancy, still lots of great info. Thanks for posting it!

Is there high school information about the UC’s?

Yes, here is the link. Admissions by source school | University of California

4 Likes

That’s a great link for quickly comparing the acceptance rate for a specific UC for your high school to the average rates of acceptance for that UC.

1 Like

Very interesting. I did not realize Lowell was such a large school. My boys’ school had 82 apply, 47 accepted, 14 enroll. An admissions hedge also.
FYI, I think the big Cal Poly wave of acceptances was the one we just had on 2/23. I have seen a few more isolated acceptances since then.

My take is that last week CalPoly didn’t release 15,000 acceptances (30% of 50,000 apps).

Hard to say since such a small percentage of applicants post on College Confidential or Reddit. Why do you think that’s the case? My guess is anecdotal; both of my kids heard and most of their classmates did and that is @Gumbymom 's take.

It doesn’t feel right. I know quite a few good students here in SF who haven’t heard yet. My daughter is an engineering student at SLO and when she was admitted a couple of years ago she heard in the first week of March. Of course I would be wrong about this.

My kids have 2 friends who are high stats students and they did not hear yet but they both applied to very competitive majors. We shall see soon!

Yes, same with the kids I know. All want to get into engineering.

San Jose State isn’t out yet so I know we will be watching the schools portals next week.

Best wishes for your family.

FYI. My D already received a decision from SJSU.

1 Like

Thanks. You too.

Yeah, I think most people, including myself, received San Jose State University on Monday of last week.

Thanks! I didn’t know that, even though I posted something a week ago that said they would come out last Monday!

I will repost my message/tweet. But reading it again and I see it isn’t a clear statement.
Good luck!