Cal Poly SLO Class of 2025 Regular Decision

Does your invitation come with your acceptance or later? Anyone know?

For the Honors college? I am not sure but would assume it comes with your decision. You do not need to be invited to apply.

FWIW, last year, the invitation came after my daughter’s acceptance. I believe it was approximately a week to 10 days after the decision.

1 Like

Are you saying that psych was one of the most competitive majors this year? Oh no that was what I applied as :frowning:

It is competitive every year not just this year.

Oh really? I should of researched more about that as I would of chosen a different major perhaps. Do you know if you can still get into the school but not with your first choice major and how likely that is?

2 Likes

Any idea how hard or is it possible at all to change from Math to CS at SLO?

Usually it’s pretty difficult to switch from anything into CS, given that it’s an extremely competitive major. However, it’s not necessarily impossible, so good luck!

1 Like

What is your alternate major? If you are a highly competitive applicant but do not get into your 1st choice major, SLO may consider your alternate but it is not a guarantee they will consider you for the alternate major.

1 Like

You can no longer change into CS according to SLO’s current policy.

From the SLO website: CSC will NOT be accepting change of majors for the foreseeable future.

If you are interested in CSC, we recommend meeting with a Career Counselor to discuss other majors that can meet your career goals.

Thank you such for your help! Ya my alternate major was Environmental Management and Protection, which I personally thought was more competitive but perhaps not. We will see coming up soon I guess. :slight_smile:

Oh, I thought they were talking abt the window had been closed for this school year, and that like some of the other schools, they’d allow freshman the opportunity during the end of first semester. :flushed:

Not sure what you are referring to in this discussion but you asked how hard or possible to change majors from Math to CS. You cannot change from Math to CS at all. You had until January 15th to change majors on your application.

Sorry, I was asking whether they give a time frame for freshman to change major (with requirements of course). I knew it was going to be hard but didn’t know the door was completely shut for CS.

Outside of the College of Engineering, SLO is not allowing a change of major to CS. Within the Engineering college, they will consider a change of major.

Do you know how many spots are open for civil engineering?

Thank you so much! That’s very helpful information!

I guess no announcements today.

Just in case I miss this “event” tonight, can someone take copious notes, which I can cheat off later please. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

Sadly, this makes me believe they are done with acceptances. Would be strange to do this if they were still planning to accept more.