Cal Poly SLO Class of 2025 Regular Decision

Waitlisted for Biology…

same:(

2 Likes

So looks like their old pattern has remained the same, despite what they said about more acceptances (maybe they meant more decisions?). The pattern being, acceptances, waitlist and then rejections. But surprised there was only one acceptance wave. It is what is I guess. Good luck to everyone!

1 Like

My daughter was just waitlisted for Marine Science.

Sooo if so update does that likely mean we were rejected :pleading_face:

My son got waitlisted for Civil Engineering.

*no

My guess is not exactly. Since acceptances happened over a couple days, waitlist might also. I think jury is out until Monday.

2 Likes

DD was waitlisted for Biological Sciences. Does anyone know what the process for waitlisting is? When do they typically start pulling from that list?

Wow, this is pretty shocking that they’ve possibly done all of the acceptances?! Feeling very blessed at the moment.

2 Likes

Cal Poly: “Waitlisted first-year candidates will be notified of the final decision regarding their waitlist status by June 15, while transfer candidates will be notified by July 15. If you are on the waitlist, you will be considered for admission again if there are any additional openings in your major. There are no ‘rankings’ on the waitlist, and only the application materials that were reviewed initially will be used in any waitlist decisions.”

Waitlisted for general engineering

Are these waitlists rolling out today or were they released at a specific time?

i think specific time

1 Like

Waitlisted for Biology; in-state

Do not lose heart! First, there are tons of kids who have been accepted who consider Cal Poly a match or even safety and are waiting for the big guns to release decisions. Second, Cal Poly may not be the perfect match for you. It’s super small townish, they don’t encourage change of major like other schools may, and it is not a research institution. That being said, my son liked SLO for these reasons because he knew what he wanted to do since he was a toddler and he wanted to jump in and get his hands dirty. This may not be the case for everyone. The way things look for you today will look very different in a few weeks!

6 Likes

Do we need to do any additional tasks if we have been waitlisted?

My daughter entered SLO in 2018. As I posted earlier, a number of her friends from SLO got in from the waitlist. As it turns out, about a third of the people on the waitlist that year were eventually accepted. Other years the number is much lower. Each year can be very different. I hate to say it, but I think someone not seeking financial aid may have a better chance at getting off the waitlist this year.

My son hasn’t been accepted (yet) either.

Best wishes to everyone!

1 Like

OOS son waitlisted aerospace

The person who runs the Georgia Tech blog, that’s posted on the parents forum, said universities will be liberally using their waitlists this year. More so than other years. And SLO over-enrolled 2-3 years ago and maybe they’re still “smarting” from that episode.

A waitlist is NOT a rejection. I’d expect SLO to possibly begin pulling from the waitlist at the end of March or early April, post-UC decisions.

And yes, we feel extremely fortunate to have an acceptance to SLO. :pray: :pray:

6 Likes