Cal Poly SLO Class of 2025 Regular Decision

D waitlisted for Viticulture :slight_smile:

My stats considered SLO a safety for me but I just got waitlisted. Not feeling too great rn :grinning:

If I haven’t received a decision am I rejected?

Agreed. My son is one of the fun group of 10,000 who got deferred EA at MIT as well. I think deferrals and waitlists are majorly at play this year. Two of his besties also have CP as their top choice and hadn’t heard back yet as of this morning. I’m really hoping they’re at least WLed today - I’ve been encouraged by how many WL students get offered admission soon thereafter. Need to pass on that bit of hope to their parents!!

This year, with the huge increase in applicants, maybe there will be a waitlist for the waitlist? Just kidding, of course.

3 Likes

For some majors, Cal Poly is not a safety for anyone. Don’t be too bummed.

3 Likes

Did they send out an email with further instructions for waitlists as well?

Still nothing for psychology - - any reports for this major?

1 Like

Yeah you’re right - it was college of engineering. Thanks!

1 Like

I spoke with admissions at 12:15. She said that they have started sending out some waitlist notifications but that they are not done admitting students either. The wait is agony.

6 Likes

Wondering the same thing

What are the weighted and unweighted GPA of you guys’ who are being waitlisted?

Everyone: Please post your stats in the Stats thread.

Whether Accepted, waitlisted, or rejected; the info is very helpful to others.

Much appreciated!

2 Likes

Waitlisted for anthro. In-state, 4.2 CSU GPA, I think about 3.8 unweighted.

Oh sorry! Will do

My son’s friend was not accepted last week for engineering. He is straight As, tons of APs, applying to Princeton, UCLA, Berkeley etc.

1 Like

For those getting waitlisted, did you get an email?

Nope, not yet. We just checked the portal.

2 Likes

Huge thank you to all who shared their experiences re: getting classes at SLO…

1 Like

I just would like to make an appreciation post for everyone on this forum! You all have been so helpful and kind during this stressful time. I hope all parents and students hear nothing but good news these next couple of weeks and congrats to those who have already heard good news (even waitlists are great!). College Confidential is definitely such a life saver that I wish I would of known about earlier in the college process!

15 Likes