Cal Poly SLO Class of 2025 Regular Decision

i hope they dont lie

Anyone interested in the Waitlist stats for SLO, you can look up 2019 (2020 not available) and previous years by googling the common dataset and checking section C2. For 2019, only 67 students were admitted off the waitlist but the year before 2018 they admitted 2436.

1 Like

Yup. Didn’t want to say anything, but it has not changed in years. The “waves” simply don’t exist.

1 Like

Look at past years. They are instructed to say this every year. Yet no acceptances come out after that. Could it be different this year
Sure. It is a year like no other.

2 Likes

deleted

1 Like

Do you know if we have to do anything to accept our spot on the waitlist? Like is there a short answer like the UCs?

1 Like

What is the GPA shown on your application? You’ll get in when UCs announce decisions, as someone else said.

1 Like

so do you guys think that they are done sending out acceptances then?

Have any out of state applicants gotten waitlisted today?

1 Like

I saw an OOS Aero

1 Like

Yes D waitlisted today for Business OOS.

1 Like

My sons portal still says “no determination” for Business. Starting to really think it’s not looking good.

3 Likes

wondering this as well

Cal Poly accepts more people than they have spaces. They know some people will go elsewhere. They only go to the waitlist when their numbers are off which can often be the case.

1 Like

I also applied for Business but haven’t heard anything back. The waiting is killing me!

1 Like

Same haven’t gotten anything

1 Like

I think SLO just runs the numbers and accepts by major. The other schools you mentioned have a more holistic approach and your son’s friend is probably quite competitive for those schools. It’s like comparing apples to oranges, I guess.

Because of test scores not being used in the MCA calculation, I have a hunch that Cal Poly “recommended” a-g requirements got more weight along with HS course rigor.

2 Likes

did anyone hear anything about biomedical engineering? I haven’t gotten my decision yet and I’m a little scared

Anyone instate business major got any acceptance yet? mine in state still no determination

nope