Cal Poly SLO Class of 2025 Regular Decision

Understood. The operation budget of UCs last year is $41.6 Billion which is insane. This $300 Million that they received from the government would be so minuscule. Still 0.7%. Not comparing to UMichi, I still feel that not receiving $300 Million from the government will not justify the tuition increase. Sorry that I brought this topic… this topic is nothing to do with SLO. I will stop now.

1 Like

Does anyone know if the cal poly scholars living community will live in the newest dorms?

same. I have followed this board for years and there is 0 evidence.

That is what happened to my kid. Had some family-life issues so not a great first semester Junior year. She knew she needed to ramp up second semester which she did…only to find it recorded as a pass/fail. :frowning:

2 Likes

I saw a chart somewhere that detailed out applications and spots by college and then by major. I’m trying to get a sense of the probability of waitlist acceptance for Biological Science.

Does anyone know where I can find that chart?

This?

1 Like

Regarding dorm assignments to Yakitutu: The CP enrolled students pick the learning community. Depending on how many students are in each community CP will figure out where to house them. This changes each year so there is no guarantee where each community will end up. Also, 2020/2021 covid changes with one in each dorm won’t be an indicator for the 2021/2022 year. All the dorms have pros and cons and where you end up you will love.

Yes, that’s it!

Am I reading it right? For Biological Sciences there were 4,337 applicants for 150 spots for Freshman?

Thank you. Do you know where the CP scholars living community lived this current year? Like what dorms.

Yes, you’re correct. But SLO has to accept roughly 3 times that many to enroll 150 freshman in Biological Sciences. Also, in 2019, SLO actually enrolled in 162 freshman, so the 150 is ballpark number.

1 Like

I don’t know where they are this year. I searched the parent page and don’t see anything.

This year is totally different because there is one person per room. You could call university housing for more info. They are super nice.

1 Like

"The location of specific Learning Communities is determined during the summer. " First-year Residential Learning Communities - University Housing - Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo

Rejected. I think. March 8 and I have not heard anything, not even waitlisted.
Major: CS
In State, Davis area.
GPA: School 4.3, Cal State 4.2, SLO 4.10 (rough Freshman). 2nd Semester Jr yr Pass / no Pass
Tons of AP 5’s and 4’s. Calculus, Physic, English and Chem, APUSH, Comp Sci, Micro and Macro Econ and AP Lang
Varsity sports. Captain.
EC: Math and Chem Tutor, life guard
Language: Phyton, C++, JavaScript, C#
No test scores: 7 cancellations for SAT and 4 cancellations for ACT.

It’s not certain that there are only rejections left. I would not assume that. But of course SLO is a reach for pretty much everyone, so hopefully everyone has other good choices. Good luck.

1 Like

My son has not heard anything either. He is also applying to the CS major. I only saw 4-5 kids got accepted to CS in this thread. That sounds too few. I noticed that many high GPA CS applicants have not received decisions. I am hoping that School is not done with the evaluations because maybe all remaining is neck to neck.

1 Like

Has anyone talked to an admission person recently to see when they are going to send out more decisions?

I spoke with someone on Friday. They said that they are not done and we should expect more acceptances and waitlists coming out. They didn’t say when or anything, just that they weren’t done with acceptances.

4 Likes

So a portal with no updates isn’t a for sure rejection?

1 Like

accepted. my daughter got into journalism in the first wave (end feb). in-state, bay area. 3.96uw, 4.36w, 4.28wc (not sure if weighted ones correct). AP spanish, lang, bio, history, world, stats, human geo, gov. 3 college classes (french 1b, french 2, psych 1). no traditional sports, but surfs and founded girls’ surfing club during pandemic. unusual ECs. attended public arts magnet with film emphasis (shot 30+ films). longtime japanese taiko drummer. PT job: red cross lifeguard/swim instructor. spanish/history tutor. ELC via UC portal. seal of biliteracy. she had one friend get into mechanical engineering in that wave, and another waitlisted for, i think, chemical eng. best of luck, everyone.