Cal Poly SLO Class of 2025 Regular Decision

Today?

When I checked yesterday I believe my portal said my application was still under review and now it says I’m on the waitlist. I could have missed something though the other day. I never received an email from them regardless.

i just got waitlisted

business adminstration

3.74 Cal Poly GPA??? 3.85 CSU

Check portals everyone, people are getting updates!

2 Likes

Daughter Waitlisted for Biomedical Engineering. We were expecting a rejection. CSU gpa is 3.85, HS Weighted GPA is 3.95.

Waitlisted for Business Admin. CSU gpa 4.03. In-state, not local.

1 Like

it takes a couple of days

Daughter Waitlisted (today 03/11)
Major: Computer Science
In State

Waitlisted for Software Engineering. Probably among first folks who are reporting for Software Engineering here. Probably around 4.03 SLO gpa & 4.11 UC/CSU GPA.

Typically do waitlists get admitted in SLO? There was an article in WSJ that this year students have cast a very wide net and applied to many universities and hence many are waitlisted and likely many universities will need to dig into the waitlists. But not sure if that will be true for SLO. Of course as folks get admissions to top UCs or other elite universities several may cancel their SLO admit - but likely the number of admission offers may be high enough to take care of that.

I’m still waiting for a decision, applied for environmental engineering, instate.

Nothing yet for my daughter

Nothing yet for my son, Biomed Engineering with 4.29 CSU GPA (capped I think at 4.2?). I’ve been expecting a rejection based on the silence the last 2 weeks so waitlisted would be a welcome update at this point.

I agree with you there. As someone who also attended Cal Poly, this is just backwards the way they are reading the info.

4.28 CSU GPA and still nothing for business admin…

1 Like

Son waitlisted today (3/11)
CPGPA 3.91 WGPA 4.45
Biochemistry

Proud of him and hopeful that he can still get in; it’s probably his #1 choice.

PS @sushiritto we were both pretty darn happy with that waitlist, I thought of you belly sliding down Higuera St.

5 Likes

Right there with you! No word yet. Same GPA, 4.0 unweighted, Biz Admin, 9 AP classes. 10 semesters of math (but had to take AP Stats instead of Calc because of schedule conflicts - no idea if that impacted their algorithm). 20 hours EC but no paid jobs (again, maybe something to do with not getting a decision). Hope you hear something soon! You are definitely a high stats student! Good luck!

1 Like

I really hope your son gets into SLO. There’s a lot of WL turnover expected this year, so be patient.

I’ll be thinking good thoughts for ya.

4 Likes

Much appreciated. He’s declining offers from schools he knows he’s not interested in today, hoping to generate some good karma.

4 Likes

That’s great. It’s a tough time with people waiting on their dreams. I hope your son finds his.

2 Likes

Just got waitlisted for psychology!!! I am honestly really happy because there is a possibility I could get in!!! One question: Do I have to opt into the waitlist or have I just been automatically placed there?

1 Like