Cal Poly SLO Class of 2025 Regular Decision

Thats true but they look more towards minorities nowadays. They dont want to accept all majority people; like back then.

SLO does not rank the waitlist so they cannot tell you where you stand. I believe you can opt out but you are automatically opted in.

Is there any chance they will start taking people off the waitlist before May 1st?

In the email I received from SLO, they said the following:

You will be notified of your final waitlist status through your MyCalPoly portal no later than July 15. If you would like to be removed from our waitlist, please indicate your decision to be removed by March 26.

same

Waitlisted for Civil Engineering at SLO but accepted at SDSU. Both notices came yesterday. How many SLO engineering admits would opt for UC or other schools instead once those acceptances come in. Wondering if I have any chance from the wait list.

1 Like

They have sometimes in the pastā€¦ thereā€™s really no way to predict what they will do. So many factors play into it. It varies major to major and year to year. We all need crystal balls :crystal_ball: :joy:

1 Like

Really hard to know how many possible spots will open up after the UCā€™s post decisions. When it come to waitlists, the best thing you can do is take it as a rejection, get excited about your other acceptances and if you do get off the waitlist, it will be icing on the cake.

7 Likes

Guess no news is good news at this moment. From what I see at this point, those who received news from SLO are the ones wait-listed.

1 Like

From what Iā€™ve heard from other forum members, SLO usually releases in waves of accepted, waitlisted, and denied last. I think the last wave will be rejections but as some other people have said a few acceptances might trickle out

2 Likes

Hope for the best!

Any news from students who applied to Forest and Fire Science (acceptance/waitlist, or still just ā€œNo determinationā€¦ā€)? Wondering if all the Colleges at Cal Poly have released their first decisions, or just the STEM programs.

I have seen acceptances and waitlists decisions for all the colleges.

Art and Design majors have heard?

My daughter hasnā€™t heard anything yet.

I havenā€™t heard much on Architecture majors - acceptance (only 2 in the Stats thread) but nothing about waitlist. Anyone?

D was accepted for aeronautical engineering. OOS 4.0 unweighted/Full IB

When?

So, if the waitlist is not ranked, how do they choose who comes off the waitlist when there are spots available? Or they rank, but just donā€™t tell us?

2 Likes

Not so much. There were a bunch of acceptances, and so itā€™s possible they are done with acceptances and now waitlists, which meansā€¦ :frowning: