Cal Poly SLO Class of 2025 Regular Decision

Haha, ya gotta tell us when exactly her portal was updated. People get excited thinking more decisions (and acceptances at that!) are coming out.

Everyone needs to remember that while this forum has its pros and cons, it is not a statistically significant sample of admissions data. It is unwise to speculate what may or may not still be forthcoming. Cal Poly has been known to distribute its results in waves, and that is what we have seen thus far. No indication whether they are done or not.

2 Likes

The email was sent over a week ago but somehow she missed it in her inbox and she had not checked her portal until today.

i think it’s kind of like yet another application review, so they’ll look over your application and decide who to admit from there

1 Like

I understand the release acceptance by major.

I think its by major. So based on how many accept the offer right now and by may 1, if there is more room in that major, they will take some people of the waitlist.

They probably rank but will not tell you where you stand.

I thought they explicitly said that they dont rank

Yes they say they do not rank but they must have some kind of system to determine who they pull off the waitlist first so I am sure they have some method to their madness.

2 Likes

Where are you guys hearing that they don’t rank the waiting list?
Their common data set (page 7) says they privately rank their waiting list.

1 Like

Where can I find this common data set?

ir.calpoly.edu/content/publications_reports/cds/index

Does anyone know if we can walk around SLO’s campus?

It’s better to ask for forgiveness than to seek permission. :smiley: (Aka, just go.)

3 Likes

yes you can!!! you can’t go in most buildings, but you can walk around the campus for sure!! my cousin gave me a socially distanced tour a few months ago!

We are planning to meet up with my friend’s son later this month for socially distance tour. Daughter checking it out first before she commits.

We might! But it’s a several-hour drive, so would like to know what’s allowed, or if we will be turned away at the gate!

Are SLO students on-campus this semester? I thought they weren’t.

Some are on campus. Some are remote.

Thanks!

Just got rejected from uc irvine. At this point im literally just praying I get off the slo waitlist

2 Likes